*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829574-Octoberfest-Chaos--What-To-Be-For-Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#829574 added October 31, 2014 at 9:00am
Restrictions: None
Octoberfest Chaos & What To Be For Hallowe'en
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Octoberfest? Octoberfest Chaos. Follow the person before me... fine, I can do that. {user;nfdarbe} is the leader of the pack this morning so here goes...

October Chaos. A new month always brings with it a jump into new adventures. In all I needed to do to close out September and re-evaluate for October, I almost forgot to sign up for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. When I went to bed last night I knew I had forgotten to do one more thing.

So what have I taken on... you may be asking. Well, I do "CLOSED!The Monthly Reading Challenge with Fran 💜 💜 💜 every month. I submitted my September reviews and decided October would give me the challenge of 5 books. I already have one done as I come to this.
I am doing the "October Novel Prep Challenge - so far I have completed Day 1's requirements. Signup is still open until October 3 if anyone is willing to try their hand at it. I did it last year and it really helped focus me.

For blogging, I have signed on for another month here. Welcome To My Reality is another blog spot - and I have already completed my 5 blog prompts to make my commitment set for the week. I am also doing Blog City and for this month - "Invalid Item - though that is a new one for me. I looks like a creepy good time. For a person who likes roses and butterflies, I seem to find myself lurking into the dark edges.

Speaking of dark edges, "Invalid Item is running a weekly poetry contest with picture prompts. I am going to try my hand at that as well.

Have I forgotten anything? I hope not... but we shall see.

In among the writerly aspects is supplying and trying to work off any excess those dubious candies seem to hide in the cells of my body.

Being Canadian, Thanksgiving graces us the second weekend of the month. Since our house is still in renovation mode we don't have to host, but I am not sure what things will be happening. Family gatherings are very possible.

Living in Kitchener also means Octoberfest. It kicks off Thanksgiving weekend and an influx of beer drinking festivities cover the city and bring in extra visitors to our fine metropolis. I find living here, I don't partake, but I have been known to venture out to the Octoberfest parade on Thanksgiving Monday.

I look forward to the changing colours and taking trail hikes when the paths are thick with leaves. The smells and sights of fall are glorious and October shines luminously as the days grow darker and cloak themselves in a chill. With any luck, Halloween will be fine and children won't be putting their costumes over snowsuits or carrying umbrellas (unpredictable weather!).

Border for my personal use.

Blog City – Day 212


Prompt: If you could be anyone or anything this Halloween, who would you want to be and why?

Speaking of Hallowe'en... Although I love this time of year... I have never been a huge fan of Hallowe'en itself. Dressing up has never been my thing. I love seeing the children in their costumes and I love the creepy vibe that trembles through the chilled air but I am still a bit timid in my dealings. I am starting to enjoy the darker side of writing, but only to a point. There is a nice balance within me - a reflective one, like the seasons. The dark chill of Fall, the barrenness of Winter, the rebirth and growth of Spring, and the sultriness of Summer. We all have these elements and they flow through our writing.

Maybe I could dress in some kind of costume that balances all these elements... interesting. What would it entail... hmmm. I could also see a group of four friends dividing the seasons between them... now that would be impressive. Which would I choose.... Fall and Elvira, mistress of the night. *Delight*!


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/829574-Octoberfest-Chaos--What-To-Be-For-Halloween