*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830798-THE-STATUS-OF-MEMORIES
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#830798 added October 11, 2014 at 12:41pm
Restrictions: None
THE STATUS OF MEMORIES
Blog City Prompt: Victor Hugo said: "Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant." Do you feel that your memories work for you, or do you feel beholden to your memories?


beholden: under obligation or to be bound.


I am absolutely NOT bound to my memories. However, a lifetime of memories is a gigantic resource for writing---Places/locations are very useful. Skills or observed techniques, religious and political experiences, plus personal experiences are valuable. Characters I've known or observed become fictionalized versions.

My second resource are dream memories and I have a lot of those. As far as being 'beholden' (funny old word)--- I use what works for a story, but feel no obligation to represent the memory truthfully, just the essence or the technical details that support a plot.

Aside from all that, I have a few past-life memories and those are treasures that I carry proudly. They appear in my books, but you'd never know reading them.

I guess I view memories as a great library with all the books open. I fear that the certain alphabet agencies see our lifetime information just like that. Think about that. My memories work for me all the time. How about you?

Peace...>>>iggy*Boat*
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830798-THE-STATUS-OF-MEMORIES