*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834362-Lies--What-I-Do-To-Escape
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#834362 added November 18, 2014 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Lies & What I Do To Escape
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 260


Prompt: β€œLying is done with words, and also with silence,” says Adrienne Rich. What does this quote say to you? If you so wish, you may offer your experiences on the subject.

Words are crafty. Some people use skills to weave a web of lies so intricate that you wonder how they can manage to flit across and remember their many sins. Others lie through omittion - leaving out information that ultimately comes back to haunt them. Some tell little white lies they believe do no harm, but lies do harm, in that honesty is compromised and broken - sometimes with a sledgehammer and sometimes with a tiny pick ax that chips away at the foundation of what could be if all was well.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Forty - Eight


What do you do to escape? Where do you find the moments of peace and sanity in your life?

I find peace and sanity in my writing. I slip in during those moments when they manifest themselves. My husband and I do not have any children and though I love the excitement and creative spunk children possess, I am also grateful that I can enjoy their wonderfulness in a classroom but not have the responsibility of 24/7. I admire those who do it and do it well, but I do not see myself as having that sustainability they demand.

When I looked after my cousins a long time ago, I found my place of escape was the bathroom, but even there my cousin, Zee would camp out and ask when I would be done.

I find when I do my teaching day I am 'on' and open to social interaction in all its many facets, but when I come home I have my place on the couch where I get comfortable, link in to Writing.com and then write. My husband has his man cave in the basement, but I prefer the main floor.

© Copyright 2014 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834362-Lies--What-I-Do-To-Escape