*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834437-The-comforts-of-Home-Colours--Characters-in-Development
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#834437 added November 19, 2014 at 2:30pm
Restrictions: None
The comforts of Home, Colours & Characters in Development
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 261


Prompt: "There is nothing like staying home for real comfort."Jane Austen Do you agree with Jane?

I like staying home. It is warm and cozy here, but I know getting out challenges me to interact and sometimes you just need that little bit of connection to normalize you.

Jane Austen did not have the luxury of quaint coffee shops to write in so staying home would suit her just fine.

If we are talking about travel, I would also say, that being at home is certainly far less stressful. Planes, trains and automobiles add a dimension to your life that complicates matters. You are often forced to wait for hours and be there ahead of time to ensure you don't miss your connection. Such a pain in the rear.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Forty – Eight


1. Do colours mean anything special to you? How do you choose what colours to decorate your house with, or to wear? Do you associate particular colours with different emotions?

Colours play a role but it is not one that I consciously use. My wardrobe is a mixture of pastels and light tan dress pants and dark blues and black pants with bold blues, reds and purple t-shirts. Summer is the lighter colours, winter is the darker, though I do not follow that 'rule' to the letter.

My house is warm wood tones and forest green reflecting my enjoyment of nature. I have one bedroom upstairs that is a bright aqua colour, but that is more a sentimental choice in that it is similar to the colour my parents had in the kitchen of the house I first lived in. The rest of the house is neutral with a bit of blue thrown in.

As for colour and emotions –
Red is passion, Love, Hate, Rage – Life pulses through this colour.
Blue is truthful and peaceful – easy and light
Green is new growth and rebirth
White is innocence and purity
Yellow is sunny and warm, bright and optimistic
Black is dark, mysterious, deep and pessimistic
Orange is fresh, fall chill
Brown is sturdy and strong
Purple is royalty but also reminds me of older ladies who do not want to hide in their aging – it sparks rebellion in a carefree way.

6. Tell us about a current relationship. Could be with a spouse, a sibling, a child or a friend. Describe how you connect (or don't), what you get from the relationship, what you give to it, and what it needs to be better.

This prompt I am going to tie to Nano and tell about my character's relationship to her long time friend.
It is a complicated relationship.

Brynn is the oldest of three children. She has a good kind heart. When her family first moved to the area, transferring from northern Ontario back to her mother's hometown, Brynn noticed a small girl who lived across the street. She had seen her watching her and her brother and sister, but never approaching. So Brynn decided to head over and introduce herself.

Amy was an odd little bird like girl. Nervous and shy. Very quite. She lived with her ultra strict grandmother. Brynn's heart went out to this girl, who was actually a few years older than her - but her sickly nature had held her back. Brynn decided she would befriend the girl and it was no easy task. The girl had no friends and was not really sure how to interact with kids her own age.

By the time school started almost two months later, Brynn learned that Amy was the girl everyone picked on and she stuck up for her and defended her.

What kept Brynn from being ostersized as well was her other interactions with the kids in the area. Her parents had seen fit to get her and her siblings into summer activities that had them meeting other kids. Brynn had made may friends that way.

When she started school, at Breslau Public in grade seven many of those friends were there. Brynn made it very clear that if they wanted to continue a friendship with her, they would have to accept Amy or at least stop teasing her. Many kids did, as Brynn had the kind of charisma that drew others. Many kids pulled away, not liking that aspect. Some of them came around in time, but Brynn did not let it bother her.

For the two years they were at that school Amy grew a bit of confidence, but often found she stayed close to Brynn for her support and guidance.
As the years have progressed Amy has gained a lot more confidence and become rather self centered and anal about things around her. She confidence lets her speak her mind and it often comes out in critical comments about others or about things she does not like.

Has Brynn created a monster? And what does she get out of this relationship? All her current friends question that as Amy really does not see much beyond herself. The time is coming when old friends will need to be shaved away....


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834437-The-comforts-of-Home-Colours--Characters-in-Development