*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835892-Day-2---Do-They-Know-Its-Christmas
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#835892 added December 10, 2014 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Day 2 - Do They Know It's Christmas
** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


Day 2 - WDC Soundtrackers 12 Days of Christmas.


Today I have chosen Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas from 1984. I was in high school when this song came out and I can probably still remember who each of the singers are and the bands they are from, as well. The sentiment in this song has also made me include the Canadian and American contributions to the famine that was ravening Africa at that time. They may not be Christmas but the compassion and message blends well with the season.

I also thought it interesting to include the 2014 version of Do They Know It's Christmas which was remade for the Ebola epidemic. Given that I heard today that the people of the year according to Time magazine are the people that went to fight and survived the Ebola situation. I do not know many of the artists, but Bono is still in the performance and Seal has been added.

Do They Know Its Christmas – Band Aid 1984


2014 version.



Tears are not enough – 1985 – Canadian version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJN3u1wAWIk

We Are The World – American version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI
Loved this trip down memory lane. I included the Canadian and American contributions as they are in the spirit of giving and caring – which is what this time of year is all about.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835892-Day-2---Do-They-Know-Its-Christmas