*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835997-Day-4-of-WDC-Soundtrackers-12-Days-of-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1954602
I have posted my response to MHWA Mental Health Challenge and other items to this journal.
#835997 added December 12, 2014 at 8:35pm
Restrictions: None
Day 4 of WDC Soundtrackers: 12 Days of Christmas
** Image ID #2014891 Unavailable **


On of the Christmas songs that Grandma Mary and Grandpa Frank liked was I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day and I think the version they had was recorded by Bing Crosby. My grandparents preferred traditional Christmas songs and carols, but they did not discourage my siblings and I from listening to modern Christmas songs. I smile every time I hear I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day because the church my Grandparents attended did not have a bell. The First Southern Baptist Church somewhere near down town Blackwell had a bell, but the only time we attended that church was when someone we knew was going to be baptized.


I remember attending Christmas pageants at both the First Southern Baptist church and the First Southern Baptist Mission. I always enjoyed attending pageants and Sunday school at the Mission (this is what everyone called the small Southern Baptist church in the Smelter Heights) better then going to the larger church uptown (at least I think it was somewhere uptown from the Mission). I liked going to the Mission better because the people were friendlier (most of the time) and it Sunday school classes were smaller, which meant you could get more attention from the teachers.

When I hear the bells of Christmas ring,
I remember the songs the choir sing
Of peace on earth and good will to men


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835997-Day-4-of-WDC-Soundtrackers-12-Days-of-Christmas