*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836005-A-Place-of-Sweetness-in-my-Consciousness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#836005 added December 12, 2014 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
A Place of Sweetness in my Consciousness
The rest of today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 283


Prompt: Have you ever visited a place that remains in your consciousness, long after you left? Was it the people? The architecture?

Now this prompt has me scratching my head... is this a tangible memory that resonates with you?

I am thinking that a memory like that links people and place. In my case, it would be my grandparent's farm outside of New Liskeard, Ontario. The place is a small yellow farmhouse but it is swamped with happy memories of many different kinds.

Summer playing in the long grass with my imagination.
Walks with my Grandfather to the creek with his dog cutting out into the bush and then rejoining us in a run to get ahead.
Family celebrations with a meal cooked on a wood stove and served at a huge table - that later became a sweet place to hide under everyone's feet and adult conversation.
Sunday meals shared with my grandparents and my mother. We would bring a block of ice cream in the summer and cut it into four to enjoy the treat (there was no freezer so we needed to eat it right away)
The family reunions with everyone camped out in the yard.
The painting party to add the yellow to the house (at five I was not allowed to paint even a small bit).

Happy moments that make me smile and know there were good times throughout the rougher ones. Such is the way of life.

© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836005-A-Place-of-Sweetness-in-my-Consciousness