*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836533-Day-9---WDC-Soundtrackers-Days-of-Christmas--FearsDreams
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#836533 added December 17, 2014 at 10:31pm
Restrictions: None
Day 9 - WDC Soundtrackers: Days of Christmas & Fears/Dreams
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 288


Prompt: "Sometimes, if you aren't sure about something, you have to jump off the bridge and grow wings on your way down." Danielle Steel
What is your take on this?


Feel the fear, but do it anyway... or else you will be stuck on that damn bridge a very long time. If it is meant to work out, you will grow wings and fly to safety. If it does not, well, at least then you end with an interesting demise and you at least went for it.

Too often we wander and pace on that bridge thinking our way into a paralysis that hampers our life. Doing something, taking action and jumping with our doubts puts us our there. We often learn better and faster in the free fall of taking the chance than holding back and brooding. Learning in the process.

Dying is going to come anyway. Do you want to be known as the person who risked it all for their dreams or the unknown who hundled away his gifts - extinguished his light in fear.

Personally, I am afraid of the jumping, but I am equally afraid of wasting away my gifts. I happen to love this quote. It reminds me we all have to take a chance and risk if we really want to reach our dreams. You can not make it to the stars if you never take a chance.

Border for my personal use.


** Image ID #2014892 Unavailable **


Day 9 – WDC Soundtrackers: 12 Days of Christmas


Staying with the older theme... I have to chose Bing Crosby`s White Christmas... and earlier it was snowing... or it was before it started to melt again. Crazy southern Ontario weather! After all the snow melted, it started to snow again. Now it is a slippery mess and I am glad to be in out of the cold. Listening to this song always warms my heart.

White Christmas – Bing Crosby


Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Fifty - Two


2. What would you do if your worst fears came true?

My worst fears are being alone and living on the streets. What kind of life is that? Why would I let myself sink so low and not reach out for help to my family and friends? I am not so very isolated... if I was I would hope that I would seek out a church for warmth and help. It is not something I want to linger thinking on or about.

Another worst fear would be terminal illness or Alzheimer's. At least with the terminal illness I can battle it and maybe win, if my time was not up. But with Alzheimer's... the disconnect of self would be a bigger fear. You can not find your way back if you don't realize you have gone off. Would my family be there for me? Would my husband care and stay to help me? I worry I would be alone and left to die that way.

3. What would you do if your best dream came true?

This prompt is more to my liking... much more positive. What is my best dream? To be content. To be teaching and having my position bring others a better life... not just in terms of their education, but in terms of their hearts and minds as well. To raise up future generations to love learning and be caring individuals.

To be writing... maybe even published. I do not expect fame and fortune... in fact, that scares me, but to be content with my self and my audience. To make a name for myself and have a few people who look forward to reading my next book.
To be happily surrounded by family and friends.

These are the things dreams are made of and that I hope will come to fruition.

The interesting thing with both of these prompts... people are my connection. I want connection. I do not want to be forgotten and left to die a lonely death. I want to be remembered and I want to be loved.


© Copyright 2014 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836533-Day-9---WDC-Soundtrackers-Days-of-Christmas--FearsDreams