*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838058-A-Review-of-Anothers-Blog--Effective-Leaders
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#838058 added January 7, 2015 at 7:27am
Restrictions: None
A Review of Another's Blog & Effective Leaders
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Two-fer Tuesday


Two-fer Tuesdays: Share an item or blog entry from any of the eligible competitors this month. Include a review link for bonus points.
(If you need help with sharing of WDC items or blog entries, please ask and we'll be happy to help you out.)


I admit I am a little lost on this prompt. Apparently it is like the old Sunday Reviews so I will see what I can do on that...

I decided to go with Fran 💜 💜 💜 's entry "Invalid Entry. I have to agree with much of what she said. (Including the bit about reading more news - I am so bad at that) Classifying obesity as a 'disability' sounds wrong to me. Sure there can be medical issues - those can be disorders that affect their life, but the obesity, to me is not a disability.

Having worked with children in special education classes, I would tend to define a disability as something a person cannot change. Down Syndrome and Autism are not something that are going to go away. Cerebral palsy is not something that is going to change. School programming is individually organized to give these children with these special needs accommodations and/or adjustments to regular class curriculum.

Children with diabetes are accommodated within the school to have time to monitor blood sugar and items may be kept for that child if they are in need (this is organized with child, parents, and teacher). But their diabetes is not a disability. It is a medical condition that requires certain concessions to keep them safe and healthy.

Obesity, unless there is a medical component, is not a disability. There are no accommodations needed.

Sometimes I think labels of a disability are thrown around to excess and that can be more harmful than helpful if you ask me.

A disability is not an excuse... it should not be used as an excuse. I have met many people who have disabilities that are amazing in their accomplishments. They have risen above and beyond.

My review: Review of "Curious Incidents of a Flailing Mermaid"

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 308


Prompt: What would make an effective leader? Which characteristics, do you think, a good, effective leader should have?

An effective leader is one who is not afraid to surround themselves with other people who have skills that are different and more advanced than themselves. They are not necessarily the smartest person in the room, but they are able to utilize that person's skills to improve the overall project they are working on. They listen and collaborate with others to come to solutions, that alone, they would not be able to accomplish. They give credit where credit is due.

They do not micro manage their people. They do stay in the loop to be aware of what is going on, but they do not take over or dominate the situation.

They are calm and approachable. Open to options and flexible. This does not mean they are a pushover. They have a battle plan and are able to articulate it to others in a way that inspires others and encourages them to step up and come on board.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838058-A-Review-of-Anothers-Blog--Effective-Leaders