*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838250-Opinion-Thursday-Change-My-Blog-Brings--Age--Personality
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#838250 added January 8, 2015 at 8:46pm
Restrictions: None
Opinion Thursday, Change My Blog Brings, Age & Personality
Today's Blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Opinion Thursday


Does an athlete's or celebrity's indiscretions overshadow their entire body of work in their respected field? Why or why not?

Given what is in the news these days... Bill Cosby was in my town of Kitchener, Ontario, Canada last night. There were protesters outside the venue in weather of -20 degrees Celsius. Apparently, the show itself was a success.

I am not sure what to think.... I am supremely disappointed, but part of me does not what to believe someone with such a wonderful career could be such a person to drug and rape women. It is shocking.

Another Canadian, Jon Gomeshi who is a talk show CBC host is also facing sexual assault charges. Even Prince Andrew has speculation surrounding him.

One does not want to believe it, but I am thoroughly disappointed that it could be true.

For me the disappointment is crushing. How could they? They had so much? How could they use their status and prestige to victimize women.... or anyone. They were a model of all that was wonderful and right with the world... and now.... crushing disappointment.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 310


Prompt: What change, big or small, would you like your Blog to make in the world?

I like to bring a smile or laugh to another's day. My blog is generally light and I try to thrown in a bit of fun. I also want to be positive and uplifting - leave others who read it, feeling a little better about themselves after they have chosen to share some of their time with me and my words.

I am not aiming for big, just a chance to smile and say yeah, I can relate to that.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Five


4. If you could be any age again for a week, what would you choose and why?

Oh, what age would I like. Not too young but not too mature either. 24 is a lovely number. Healthy and young. Energy and vibrancy. University done and beginning the world of work. Eager and ready for any challenge. A 24 year old may have an easier chance to gain a teaching position than someone my own age. But I would only get a week to enjoy this age. Oh, the pigouts I would indulge in. The hours of dancing out with my friends. The late nights.

5. Which of the four seasons suites your personality?

Not winter! I don't care if my birthday is next week... I don't like winter.
Spring is lovely. Rebirth and regrowth. Colour bursts back into the scene. After a drab winter, Spring enlivens. After the silence of winter, Spring is an orchestra of bird song and buzzing. The world comes back into itself and seems to smile with positivity. One takes a breath of fresh air and sheds the heavy clothes that bind and hinder us. We dance on the sunny radiance and sing a song of gratitude. Yes, Spring is definitely my season most like my personality.

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838250-Opinion-Thursday-Change-My-Blog-Brings--Age--Personality