*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838449-Sunday-News---Paris-Attacks
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#838449 added January 11, 2015 at 11:13pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday News - Paris Attacks
Today's blog....

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Sunday News


The Sunday News!: Pick a random article from the headlines and talk about it. Share your opinions and feelings about it. Encourage a conversation.

I never feel ready for this it always seems so heady and I feel I need to be articulate. I do not feel overly articulate right now. I have been running around shopping all day with my husband.

Just looking over the headlines I see terrorist attacks in Paris, Dalhousie Dentistry students and the fallout of a misogynistic Facebook page. It is plain depressing, folks. It is Sunday. A day of rest and rejuvenation and I am trying to track down some kind of headline for some kind of intelligent conversation. I am not feeling too cognitively sound at this point - I did not get my Sunday nap.

I have been watching some of the news footage of the Paris booming of the satirical magazine Charlie Hedbo. It boggles my mind. 12 people killed including 2 police officers all because someone did not like what someone else was freely publishing.
What gets me is the families... such a tragedy has ripped into the fabric of families and friends with a poison that only terrorism and brutality can inflict.

It astounds me that people can do this... and all in the name of religion or some such beliefs. It is radical and extremist, not everyone of that religion is like that, but these extremists blight us and send in fear and fear permeates all that is good and loving. We must remember that these extremists do not stand for all.... if we can not remember that, then we let them win by letting fear over take us.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838449-Sunday-News---Paris-Attacks