*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838804-Valentines-Funny-Words--Perfect-Reading-and-Writing-Area
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#838804 added January 16, 2015 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Valentine's, Funny Words & Perfect Reading and Writing Area
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 318


I was in the store this afternoon with Vic to get sympathy cards for my friend's children. Maybe, I've been oblivious the past few years but today I really noticed that the Valentine Card aisle is now 3 aisles. It made me wonder do people really buy that many Valentine cards. What do you think, do people really mail that many cards? Do you do something special for Valentines Day where you live? Tell us about your customs.

I do get my husband a card and he takes me out to dinner. He may get me a card. He also gives me some roses. I usually buy him some chocolate - and hope Lent falls afterward so he can enjoy it, otherwise I need to put it away for him until Easter.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – Funny Friday


Sneak over to your immature side for a moment (if you're not like me and haven't taken up a permanent residence there)...some words, regardless of their meaning, make us laugh for no reason (as an example, the word "gaggle" makes me giggle and conjures up images unrelated to its definition). What word (or words) does this for you?

Guffaw
Gripe
Skittle skattle
Shrimp
Scoot
Curmudgeon
Loop de loop
Bazinga

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty Six


1. Describe in words or pictures your perfect reading and/or writing space.

I like nature or access to nature.... like a room with outdoor access. I visited a house that had a all weather room. In the summer, when the weather is lovely, the windows can be removed to leave huge screened in areas. The space is big enough for comfortable couches and a large family table to entertain or just stretch out to write. In the winter, storm windows are in and the space is warm enough to be able to enjoy the space - maybe even have a wood stove to curl up by.

I also visited a house that was built into the surrounding forest. Large walled windows let in the light and the view is magnificent. There is a trail leading down to a lake - daily walks clear my head and get my creative juices flowing. My studio also has a door to access the outside world. There are blinds but they are rarely pulled down. I can prop the door open - there is a screen door to keep the bugs and wildlife out of the house. If I sit quietly wildlife may come up and peek in my windows as I am writing. I can read in this same room or walk out to the living space on the other side of the house that has comfortable couches and wide windows that let in lots of natural light.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838804-Valentines-Funny-Words--Perfect-Reading-and-Writing-Area