*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839016-Meet-My-Blog-Silence--Rainy-Day-Books-and-Movies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#839016 added January 19, 2015 at 6:01pm
Restrictions: None
Meet My Blog, Silence & Rainy Day Books and Movies
Today's blogs....

30 Day Blogging Challenge – Wildcard Monday


Prompt for January 19. 2015: (persuasive articles) One for the judges - Recruit me as a new fan to your blog. Tell me what you and your blog are all about. Tell me what I have to look forward to in the coming week, and into the future. Engage your readers by soliciting them to leave comments endorsing your blog.

If the flu did not have me by the body I would be so into this.

I try to be open and authentic. I try to address prompts with humour. I am a member of several blogging areas - Welcome To My Reality, Blog City and the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. I try to respond to three to five prompts a day and sometimes I try to work them to get them to interrelate. I love it when that happens. I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

I am surrounded by a group of bloggers who inspire and engage me.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 321


Prompt: What is silence to you? How many kinds of silence can you name and write about?

An eerie silence.
Silence of the breaking dawn before the birds start to raise their song into the new day.
The darkest of night.
A pregnant silence as we wait in anticipation of news.
The silence of stilling the mind – apparently it can be done.
The calm silence before the storm begins to rage.
The peaceful silence after all the children have gone home at the end of the day and you are left alone in your classroom.
A rejuvenated silence – when you walk through a beautiful forest and a moment when all things still.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Fifty – Seven


2. What is your favourite rainy day movie/book and why?

The long, six hour version of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth would be my first choice. I have seen it many times so if I dowse off I really won’t miss anything. Owning the copy allows me to back up if need be. If it is a long rainy day I can do other things as I watch it. My main floor is open concept so I can cook and clean around and not miss the movie. I also have the company of 'friends'.

If I was choosing a book to read it would be something by Jill Shalvis. Any of her stories would lighten up the day and make me feel like I was with a group of 'friends'.

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839016-Meet-My-Blog-Silence--Rainy-Day-Books-and-Movies