*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839783-Revenge-Forgive-and-Forget--Ideologies-and-Dreams
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#839783 added January 29, 2015 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Revenge? Forgive and Forget, & Ideologies and Dreams
Today's blogs...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Is there ever justification for revenge? Has vengeance ever paid off for you personally?

I tend to think in terms of Karma. The person will get what is coming to them. It is not my job to waste energy doing something to get back at them. I say Karma, but it is the same thing as letting go and letting God handle it. It is not my business. I can take moments to think of how things may go badly for them, particularly when the pain is still fresh, but it is best to just let it go, give it to God or the Universe, in general and let them dig their own grave. If they hurt me, they will probably hurt others and eventually someone will hurt them. What goes around, comes around.

When I say these things I am thinking in terms of heartbreak, not anything violent or destructive. That I would report.... but some things... they just are.

Border for my personal use.


This leads in well to:

Welcome To My Reality - Week Fifty - Eight


6. Forgive and Forget is something we are often told is best for us. Are you able to forgive and forget when you have been hurt by someone you love, respect and/or trust? Why or why not?

I don't think forgetting ever really happens. There is always going to be an imprint of their action on your life. How deep it is depends on your choice and how you deal with it. Forgiving and letting it go helps to minimize the deepness of the impression. Forgiving does not mean you accept what they person did to you or pardon their behaviour, it just means that you let it go and stop letting it give you pain. You may never see that person again, but you also do not let the pain of what they did to you hold you captive in hate and negativity. Bitterness and pain have no place in my life. I make that choice. I chose to forgive and move on. Why poison myself when the other person walks off free.

Being a writer lets me take the lessons and experiences I have had and turn them into something... 'beauty for ashes'. Stories from past pain. Authentic life experiences are a way of mining for the gold of your life. Readers can relate and empathize. They can identify with your characters. Remember the experience as a way of healing the experience and then let it go.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 331


Prompt: "Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together." Eugene Ianesco. Playwright How do you feel about this?

I can agree with this... every time there is tragedy the world pulls together. Just thinking of 9/11 reminds me of that. People come together, they reach our and help their fellow man. The world becomes stronger and more tight nit. Their is comfort in the closeness and often a reaching out to God.

Ideologies separate us – belief systems can set up barriers and conflict. Communism versus the Free World gave us the Cold War. Isis versus the Free World draws lines in the sand.

Some radical ideologies can engender hate. Action can be destructive and vengeful.

The thing that gets me is that we are more alike than the differences these ideologies make, but human nature often leans to the stupid factor and we forget that aspect.

Dreams and ideology can also work together to build a strong company or even a strong school community. So long as they come from a place of love and the pursuit of the greater good. Making a superior product, developing the minds and hearts of our future generations. That makes sense to me.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839783-Revenge-Forgive-and-Forget--Ideologies-and-Dreams