*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839901-Ridiculous-Enemies-and-Stranded
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#839901 added January 30, 2015 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
Ridiculous Enemies... and Stranded
Today's blog...

30 Day Blogging Challenge


Voltaire once said, “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it.". Has someone ever upset you to the point that it was actually funny?

As I read this prompt, my mind cannot seem to join Voltaire's quote with whether anyone has ever upset me to the point that it was actually funny. If I am upset, I am not going to see it as funny... maybe later, but not at the moment.

The quote, for me, seems to fall along the lines of Karma.... my enemies meet with whatever is coming to them.

Another thought is that those who witness the actions of the 'enemy' deem them as ridiculous in that they are trying to harm me. Don't they get that what they are doing only makes them look bad. The witnesses are on my side, not my enemy's.

I need to read what other people have said to this quote as I can't make sense of it. Isn't it supposed to be funny Friday?

I took a peek at Charlie ~ 's blog and I think I got a better sense of this.... I think.

Anyway, I remember witnessing an argument my grandparents were having; normally arguments frighten me and I tend to cry when others argue around me. Anyway, this time I sat listen to them grumble back and forth at each other and after a time I started to smile. When a small moment presented itself I piped up and said, "Do you two realize you are arguing for the same side?"

They were quiet for a moment and it was not too long before my grandmother smiled and chuckled as well. My grandfather said nothing, but he also did not argue his point any further.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 332


I've asked you before about being stranded on a desert island, but what I've not asked you... Would you thrive in solitude or would you focus all your time on returning civilization?
Have you read "Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell? Great example of thriving
Cast Away great example of trying to return to civilization.


I think a lot of it would depend on where I was... I like the peace and quiet of solitude and I do well in my own company, but I also enjoy social interaction and being able to partake in the what civilization has to offer... the power of technology and a good coffee shop and bookshops.
I think I would enjoy some time enjoying the island but then take time to get back to civilization.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839901-Ridiculous-Enemies-and-Stranded