*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840140-Music---I-Need-Love-Todays-Weather-Kitchener--Guilt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#840140 added February 2, 2015 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Music - I Need Love, Today's Weather, Kitchener & Guilt
Today's blogs...

Blog City โ€“ Day 335


Prompt: Do you think music has a magical effect on the mind? How?

Music unites.
Music soothes.
Music makes life less stressful.
Music brings a smile to your face and a lightness to your step.
Music makes you dance and sing
Music is medicine for your heart and soul.
Music, like love, is necessary for a wonderful life.


Movingly
Unique
Sounds
Inspiring
Creativity


Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


Blog Prompt for February 2, 2015: Do They Know it's Groundhog Day? Does your part of the world have such a weather related tradition? Are there any weather related traditions (actual or completely bogus) you observe? Tell us about the weather conditions in your part of the world.

Snow.... and blow and even more snow. Someone remembered it was winter. My husband and I went out to shovel after the Super Bowl, but I am sure the morning will bring even more.

Woke up to Schools Closed!!!!!!! It is still snowing. We are around 15 centimeters at this point. The plow has been by so I know I will be going out to shovel again. My husband shoveled before he went to work but you would not know it.. (It took me a least an hour and there is still a chunk I need to clear - the end of the driveway chunks I had to carry across the road because I was running out of space).

Wind Chill is - 24 degrees Celsius at this moment and we are still under a winter storm warning. Hamilton could get as much as 30 cm. We could get to 20 cm. Still not as bad as Chicago - they are supposed to get 40 cm. It makes me laugh to think that some people think Canada gets more snow than the States... Buffalo usually gets way more than us.

The only weather related tradition... I can think of is the groaning and moaning that comes whenever the plow goes by. That and crazy Polar Ice Dips. Jumping into the lake after the ice has been cut open. It is a quick dip. Not something I would ever do, but I have heard it is invigorating.

Still waiting to hear from Wiarton Willie.... I figure he'll be frozen solid this year and won't come out to see his shadow. Oh, no. He's been out to report.... early spring.... yeah, right.

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2015/02/01/wiarton-willies-big-day

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality โ€“ Week Fifty โ€“ Nine


3. Tell us about something that is unique to your region (or country).

Kitchener Ontario, Canada is home to the Oktoberfest Festival. It runs following our Canadian Thanksgiving - our parade is a Thanksgiving / Oktoberfest combination. Lots of drinking and polka music. I avoid it as much as possible. I have never been a fan of German food like schnitzel and sausage and sourkrout. They have great desserts, though.

We are also part of a twin city โ€“ Kitchener / Waterloo. Kitchener is blue collar and German heritage (once named Berlin before the World War). Waterloo is the snobby upper crust with 2 Universities โ€“ Waterloo and Wilfred Laurier. It is also home of the makers of Blackberry technology. I live in Kitchener and to say Waterloo I am inclined to โ€˜spitโ€™ like they do on Corner Gas when they mention a town close by....
http://cornergas.wikia.com/wiki/Wullerton


4. What makes you feel guilty?

Not cleaning when someone else is busily doing some. I find it hard to sit idly by if someone else is doing some cleaning.... even if I am sick. My mother used to bang things around and if I did not move to help, there would be yelling or even a throwing of plates (that happened once, but once was enough). One time she even tossed the cat outside because I hadnโ€™t cleaned the cat box. I let the cat back in as soon as she was gone and she went and hid under the couch. I told her to say under there, then I went and cleaned the cat box. After some time I went up and asked my mother if I could let the cat back in. When she said โ€˜yesโ€™ I went through the motions of opening the doors, then went and peeked under the couch telling the cat she could come out now. This was before my mother was put on her โ€˜happy pillsโ€™ โ€“ they are medication for depression โ€“ her synapses donโ€™t fire properly so she gets rather dark. She has been on this medication since I was sixteen.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack Of My Life Challenge โ€“ February 2015


Love Songs โ€“ Theme for music blog.
** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **

Day 2
Laura Pausini โ€“ I Need Love

As far as I know Laura Pausini only has one English album and it is one of my favourites. I love this song because the chorus says it all....

I need love
The kind that makes you wanna live
The kind that makes you wanna breathe
The kind that makes you feel too much
And I need you
To help me find a better way
And I guess you never thought youยดd hear me say
I need love
I need love

We all need love.
For the full lyrics... http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/laurapausini/ineedlove.html

Still time to join the 30 Day Blogging Challenge for the month of February! Head to the forum and sign up. Tell them ๐Ÿ’™ Carly sent you.
Here's the link:
FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840140-Music---I-Need-Love-Todays-Weather-Kitchener--Guilt