*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842551-Grease-Quote-Making-It-Worse--Youre-The-One-That-I-Want
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#842551 added February 25, 2015 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Grease Quote, Making It Worse, & You're The One That I Want
Today's blogs...

Blog City โ€“ Day 328


Prompt: Take a quote from your favorite movie. This is the title of your prompt. Write it.

Keeping with the Grease theme for my Soundtracks of Your Life, I am picking quotes from this movie:
โ€œYouโ€™re cruisinโ€™ for a bruisin.โ€™โ€ -Kenickie
I have been known to say this line to my husband on occasion. I had forgotten it came from his movie.

โ€œIf you canโ€™t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.โ€ -Principal McGee
This one is just funny. Cracks me up every time.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge โ€“ Day 25


Write about a time you tried to help and ended up making things worse. What did you do to correct it? What did you learn from the experience?

I find if I blunder then try to fix it, I often make it worse because I am nervous about having messed up in the first place. This happens enough that my husband has named the phenomenon... he calls it the 'Carolyn Effect'.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality โ€“ Week Sixty โ€“ Two


1. Too often we wait until some one has gone from our lives before we think to tell them how we feel about them, or how much we appreciate them. Tell someone (who is still in your life) what you feel. It could be a family member, someone on Writing.com, anyone.

I learned this concept at a pretty young age. My father died when I was twelve. The last time I saw him, he was on the fourth floor of the Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto. This is a hospital that does a lot for cancer and the fourth floor is the terminal patients ward - I did not know that at the time.

When I visited him I remember playing something for him on my tape recorder and sitting by his bed. When we left I only said 'goodbye' maybe even 'see ya' but I did not tell him I loved him. I had never told him that, but I did love him dearly - I was a daddy's girl through and through.

When he died, about a month later on February 3, I was shocked. I had not realized my father would really die. I remember my aunt and uncle told me and my uncle said, "You can cry now." I don't think I really cried for the better part of a week - my parents were separated and my Dad still lived in my old hometown. When I did realize the finality of it all I remember feeling so bad that I had never told him 'I loved him' ever - that is my biggest regret.

Since that time, I tell my family I love them at the end of every phone call. Mom got the hang of it the easiest and started doing the same thing. The first time I told my grandmother she paused, a little baffled, then she told me she loved me too.

My uncle Gordon in BC took the longest to echo it back and now some thirty five years later he usually says it first.

I have also been known to say it to my best friends - Debbie and Michelle. The first time I said it Michele it was a bit of an accident - I was talking to her on the phone and like my relatives I went to end the call with I love you and then after a pause we laughed and she said it back.

Working in classrooms, I find I will often tell a kid how amazing or brilliant their ideas are. One kid I called 'priceless' as his sense of humour was really wonderful. Some of the schools I work in, these kids don't get a lot of compliments - I hope my kind words help lift them even a bit.

Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 25


Love Songs โ€“ Theme for music blog.

** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **


Your the one that I want โ€“ song by John Farrar - sung by Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta



This is from the movie Grease. A movie I saw numerous times in the theatre and even better, the drive in. At the drive in you could sing along without anyone getting bent about it.

I summer I was 17, I think, I got to drive my motherโ€™s car up to visit my grandparents. I took my friend, Michelle with me. We had a great time. One of the things we did in New Liskeard, my old hometown, was visit with my friend Sally. We decided that since I had a car and Grease was playing at the drive in we would go and have a night out. I think Sally was well on her way to seeing the movie dozens of times. We had a lot of fun. Singing along to our hearts content.

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842551-Grease-Quote-Making-It-Worse--Youre-The-One-That-I-Want