*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842461-Fame-Open-Mic--Time-of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#842461 added February 24, 2015 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Fame, Open Mic & Time of My Life
Today's blogs...

Blog City – Day 357


Prompt: Fame.
What do you think fame does to people in regard to to ambition and ego, especially when it is found and then when it is lost? Does a person’s life turn dark, weird, and funny, as it does in the Oscar-winner movie Birdman about a washed-up actor trying to make a comeback?


I know that Birdman won for best picture at the Oscars - but like most movies that get nominated for Academy Awards, I am not interested in seeing them. They are just to dry for me.

But back to the prompt.... Fame. I think fame can go to people's heads if they are not careful. I think it is important to take it as it comes and don't give it too much merit. Fame is great but it is not required for sustainable life. To feel your purpose you need to focus on the process - what you do that created that fame in the first place.... the actor who takes the time to hone his craft, pushes himself to play challenging roles; the writer who whats to craft a great story that both entertains and enriches lives; the artist that plays with their paints or other materials to create their inner most connections.

There is so much to process. Fame is only the cherry. It is not all. Sure there are things that come with it that may help to improve your standard of living and the recognition for you work is appreciated, but those things are not and should not be the focus of why you want to succeed. If you do, things will be hollow, particularly if you fall out of favor. Depending on the opinions of others for your happiness is not a great idea. People are fickle. Your fame may be fleeting. You need to focus on the process and not the end product to find your happiness - that way you live in the moments of your life not the possible future that may or may not come.

With fame comes public watchfulness. You become a public figure and your privacy is at stake. I much prefer living out of the spotlight, out of public scrutiny. They can be cruel and ugly if they turn on you.

Your need to keep your perspective. Here is a song I love that embodies that aspect.



Here’s the lyrics from the chorus:

I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh

I'm not meant to just stay quiet
I'm meant to be a lion
I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing


My gifts come from God and I am grateful for that. If fame is to find me, so be it, but I will not chase it. I will practice gratitude in all things - big and small.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 24


Open mic night prompt. Write about whatever you want. All I ask is that you have fun with it. Enjoy!

Like open mic, I tremble at the vastness of this prompt. I wait for something to move me. Something great to speak through me, but I am coming up with nothing.... nothing overly significant anyway. And that is fine. I put my energies into the fame prompt.... let's just use that one for this as well, shall we....

Related is a old TV show I loved.... Fame



Border for my personal use.


Soundtrack of my Life - Day 24


Love Songs – Theme for music blog.

** Image ID #2023824 Unavailable **


Time of my life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes



Following a bit of a movie/ love song streak, I have selected this. It is from the movie Dirty Dancing – one of my favourites. I love it when two people overcome stereotypes and fall in love.

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842461-Fame-Open-Mic--Time-of-My-Life