*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843167-Competition-Something-New--Out-Of-My-Comfort-Zone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#843167 added March 3, 2015 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Competition, Something New & Out Of My Comfort Zone
Today's blogs...

Me Without You – Toby Mac



Another anthem for me.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 364


Prompt: What is your opinion on the idea of competition? Is competition a good thing or a bad thing, and does it promote progress at all?

I think a little a good competition healthy. In school, I always tried to link up with someone that was as smart or who I deemed a little smarter than me and it would challenge me to work a little harder. It was not open, head to head competition. It was just something I did for myself to get me motivated to push a little harder. Any time I had an opportunity to collaborate with this person we rocked whatever the project was.... because I think they did they same thing as I did. We challenged each other to preform the best we could.

I find I do the same thing here on Writing.com. Certain writers that I think I can learn, from inspire me to try my best... sometimes I win the contest over them, sometimes they beat me, but I find the challenge good for me.

Competition can only turn dark if you want to win above all else... at the risk of all else.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Three


6. When was the last time you learned something new, did you enjoy it? have you done it again since? would you recommend it? Why or why not?

Something new. I try to add new things every so often.... generally, things like new teaching practices. I find I read about the practice and then look for teachers who are using the practice in their classroom. It is great to see the theory in practice.

But if I think of new things that are more physical... I would have to say, the most fun thing was learning to snorkel. It was about three years ago in Mexico. I was a little anxious but the chance to swim and explore the natural beauty of the ocean was highly motivating.

The first time I was at the natural aquarium - Xel Ha. It was amazing. On the same trip, my husband and I snorkeled in the ocean out on the reef and got to swim with huge sea turtles.

I am so glad I took on this challenge.

7. How often do you venture out of your comfort zone and try new things? Why?

When it comes to things like snorkeling... I take things slow and only try it when I feel comfortable with the person I am with. My husband can get me to try new things because he does not push. He is there. I know he wants to experience whatever the thing is but I take a bit of time to warm up to it. I want to try zip lining but... so far I have not got up the nerve. I also want to try para-sailing. One day I will.

My best friend, Michelle, can also encourage me to try something new - she was able to get me on roller coasters. I love them now, but as a child it was not going to happen.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843167-Competition-Something-New--Out-Of-My-Comfort-Zone