*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843071-Listen-To-The-Book
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#843071 added March 2, 2015 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Listen To The Book...
Today's blogs...

I Need You Now - Plumb



My theme song when I am having a particularly difficult or challenging day.

Blog City – Day 363


Prompt: Madeleine L'Engle said, "Slowly, slowly I am learning to listen to the book, in the same way I try to listen in prayer. If the book tells me to do something completely unexpected, I heed it; the book is usually right." What do you think she meant?

Listening to the book... or the story... listening to the character’s story and how they want to tell their story is what I think she means. If the author is able to get out of the way and listen instead of forcing their will on the characters, the book can come alive and live beyond anything the author could craft. Things flow. The author no longer has to struggle with the story and where it is going.
A writer can plan and outline until their hands bleed, but if they don’t heed the book telling them something completely unexpected is going to happen they will struggle with every word.

Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty Three


Has yet to be posted for the week.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843071-Listen-To-The-Book