*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844648-Bad-News-versus-Good-News
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#844648 added March 21, 2015 at 4:02pm
Restrictions: None
Bad News versus Good News
Today's blog....

Bond - Explosive


Sexy and Classical... a potent mix. This song alone has gotten 10 million hits on Youtube.

http://www.bondquartet.com/biography/

Blog City – Day 382


Prompt: Do you believe the adage that bad news sells better than good news? Do you find yourself getting more response to negative posts than positive ones?

People are prone to lean toward the negative... the adage that misery loves company seems to rear its ugly, blood soaked head here. Seeing or hearing about others' failings makes us relate in a more human way. We tend to feel envy when someone else reaches a more positive result.

I find I try to give both equal time... as knowing, makes it easier to realize my own weakness and tendencies. I fight against them or make the effort to acknowledge my hurt at their success then shift to appreciate that it can be done. Reminding myself 'that if they can do it, then it is possible for me, as well.' To be honest, that is not my first flickering response. I feel bad that is the way I am, but to be honest I must let you know this is how I react and I am sure I am not alone in this.

When one of my friend's went off to Teacher's College before me I was happy for her. I was even happy she got a job... but I will admit there was envy - she is soo lucky (in this area of her life), but I know she is a wonderful teacher and her skills and talents are being put to good use.

She also has a following of naysayers - They think 'her mother was a good teacher as well, so that must have been how she got in'. But they are jealous and I refuse to put myself in that category because, like me, she had the benefit of watching and learning from her mother and my aunt teach and it helped to mold us into the teachers we are today. Yes, she got lucky with graduating at a time when there were a few positions available to choose from - for me, two years later, that was not to be the case. She also shines in an interview.... I do not. I can learn from her.

I hate that she has to feel she has to keep proving herself. That is why I have become one of her biggest supporters and would not want to trade places with her. I know that I can learn more from her successes than wallowing in my envy. She is my friend and her friendship means more to mean than petty envy.



© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844648-Bad-News-versus-Good-News