*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844815-Simple-Never-Stays-That-Way
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#844815 added March 23, 2015 at 9:19pm
Restrictions: None
Simple Never Stays That Way...
Today's blog....

Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw and Howard Jones



I really liked these two in the 80s. Here they are, friends reunited to sing one of Nik’s songs.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 384


John Barth said, in a Paris Review Interview, “I start every new project saying, “This one’s going to be simple, this one’s going to be simple.” It never turns out to be.” Do you find it to be true for you as well? Use it in regard to writing or any other thing that you wish.

Yes, I would agree this to be true. I find the longer the written piece, the more convoluted and harder it becomes to keep all the story lines directed to one outcome. With shorter pieces, I don't have that issue, but then I tend to finish them and get to work at the revisions and editing that takes time - that is the harder part with those. Each piece has its foibles and challenges, but that is why I stay at it... those changes keep me coming back for more. Isn't that why we write?
There is no 'simple' in writing. There may be flow and that is blissful, but there is always going to be the time to work in the reworking of things. Joy comes with that hard work.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844815-Simple-Never-Stays-That-Way