*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846622-Inspiration-to-Write--National-Poetry-Writing-Month
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#846622 added April 11, 2015 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Inspiration to Write & National Poetry Writing Month
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Eight


1. Who was the first person to inspire or encourage you to write?

I don't think I shared my writing with anyone beyond my mother (who was not encouraging) until I got to high school. I would read some of my stuff to my friend Michelle. She was always positive and upbeat... and though I liked the encouragement, I tended not to see her encouragement as anything more than my good friend being nice to me. My other friend, Debbie would write some poetry as well and we shared a bit with each other. Beyond that.... I had a high school teacher, Mr. Pierce that chose a lot of my written pieces to read in the creative writing class I took with him. I was honoured by his encouragement, but I had also heard that he was an 'easy marker' so I did not want to take the good grades I got from him as anything more than it was.

Finding writer's like Natalie Goldberg and Julia Cameron helped me to have faith in my writing and keep at it.

It was not until I joined a women writer's group that I began to build my confidence. My writing voice became a little stronger and I realized I was not alone.

Doing NaNoWriMo helped me find other writers in my area - again my confidence grew.

Then I found WDC. I have gotten a lot of encouragement and inspiration here at WDC. I have also come to have more confidence in my own writing and my voice has gotten stronger.

4. April is National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). Share a poem with us. It can be yours or someone else's. Share why it appeals or doesn't appeal, maybe what it means to you.

Here is the link to this years's NaPoWriMo poetry folder:
 
BOOK
NaPoWriMo Poems for 2015   (E)
A collection of 30 poems written for NaPoWriMo 2015.
#2036814 by πŸ’™ Carly

I like poems that come to me and this particular poem was a gift...
"Early Spring Rains

In a related poetry aspect... I found a Canadian Spoken Word Artist, Shane Koyczan. Here is his website:
http://www.shanekoyczan.com/

Here is a taste of his talent... I am intrigued. Powerful messages.

- "Shoulders"

- A beautiful way to stop a bully


© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846622-Inspiration-to-Write--National-Poetry-Writing-Month