*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846689-My-Blog-Little-Moments--The-Wonderfulness-of-WDC
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#846689 added April 12, 2015 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
My Blog, Little Moments & The Wonderfulness of WDC
Today's blogs....

Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Eight


2. Blogs and journals are as individual as the people who write them. They can be neat blocks of text, or riotous ribbons of colour, quotes and randomness. How would you describe the visual style of your blogging or journalling?

I try to follow a basic plan - I highlight and center my various blog areas: Welcome To My Reality is hot pink; Blog City is a growth green; the 30 Day Blogging Challenge is boldly blue; and the Music Challenge is red. The blog prompts themselves are in basic bolded black. I also use an image that I place between each of the blogging areas. Clean and lean with plenty of white space so as not to overwhelm.

This week's blogs have not been as colourful... I am taking a little blogging break in that I am only doing Blog City and Welcome To My Reality this month.

3. What, if anything, do you think is missing from your blog? Is there anything you'd like to work on changing? Do you have any blogging goals?

I have been not as focused lately. I usually do daily blogging but lately I have been skipping days or I have done the blog prompt, but then I have not posted it. Yesterday I posted two of my Welcome to Reality prompts. I had wrote them the day before that.... today I need to get three done to meet my five for one week. Last week I posted all five in one day... I don't care to do that, but that is how it worked out.

I like it when I include a piece of music - I like how Charlie ~ does that and I find musical tastes give a sense of who you are as a person. Others may not appreciate my taste but taking a moment to listen to something new can open things up for a reader... and it also gives me a place to keep a song in my memories.

5. Life is made up of little moments. Share a little moment with us from your week. It could have been a smile from a stranger, a hug from a friend, a review or cnote you received, or just a break in the rain that allowed you to dash to the car without getting wet!

My back yard runs along a protected forest. I have the pleasure of seeing rabbits and birds on a regular basis but what always makes me smile is my little cardinal friend. Every so often she flies up to my back windows and taps on the glass. When shhe first did it I was worried she was flying into the glass but I quickly noticed she lands, then flutters up to tap then lands again. When I move to see her to flies a short distance away and cocks her head like she is saying 'hello'. Her mate waits for her on the fence and she joins him after I have smiled my 'hello'.

6. Write an introduction to Writing.com for the benefit of someone who has never been here. What is there for them to discover and enjoy? Are there any things to be wary of?

Welcome to Writing.com. This is my cyber home. Get involved and stay involved it will help you meet people and make some good friends. I started out in the Newbie group and later added the Paper Doll Gang. Both groups have been life lines - supportive and encouraging. There is always someone there to answer my questions... and I had a lot of questions when I first came to visit. I was overwhelmed at first... in fact, I took a good five months of visiting before I dove in. Diving in was the best thing I could have done.

It is important to review other people's writing and get your own pieces out there to be reviewed. I have found people are kind and if you are a newbie they won't overwhelm you with too much. I have learned a lot from being reviewed and also from reviewing others. I have also taken workshops (the newbie academy) to help improve my own reviewing abilities.

The only thing to be wary of is taking on too much at any one time. Start slow. Get yourself oriented with a group like the Newbie Academy. Take some of their workshops and enjoy yourself. They will help you learn about the site and have an excellent time doing it.
I have been here for two years now and there are times I jump into many things, but I make sure I take time to pace myself.... my writing is imperative. Getting too involved can cut into that time if you are not careful.

Border for my personal use.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846689-My-Blog-Little-Moments--The-Wonderfulness-of-WDC