*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846893-Dont-Give-Evil-The-Edge-Labels--Out-Of-My-Comfort-Zone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#846893 added April 14, 2015 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Give Evil The Edge, Labels & Out Of My Comfort Zone
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 406


French philosopher and political activist Simone Weil (1909–1943) said, ““Never react to an evil in such a way as to augment it.”
What is your interpretation of her words?


Augment means makes something greater by adding to it. I have heard similar thoughts along the lines of what you focus on is what comes to you. To focus on the evil, makes it bigger and makes it take precedence in your thoughts and in your life. To minimize it, you limit your thoughts in that area or find ways to work around it so that you bring the good back into your life.

If something awful happens in your life, stay calm and face it. Look for the positives in the situation. To wallow in the pain and anguish means you will not grow and learn from the experience. The pain will increase and burden you. When I loose a job or a relationship ends, I try to focus on the fact that is was not meant to be and that that person and that experience has added to my life in some way and I learned the necessary lessons and now it is time to move on. God has bigger and better things for me. This helps me grieve and let go... and that is necessary for growth.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Sixty - Nine


1. There are many ways to 'label' people and sometimes we identify strongly with a certain label. Are you a typical middle child? A typical pisces? A typical INFP? Have you ever found a personality type/description that suits you? (For a great personality test, take the test here and then see what the result says about you here )

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™ I am a type: ISTJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(12%) Judging(33%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I am an only child. I am a Capricorn. Am I typical? Not sure about that....

I am not so crazy about labels, like stereotypes they can hold people's thoughts compartmentalizing them into boxes, packing them up and putting them away like they are old news. But life does not play out that way... changes can happen. What if you expect more from someone with a disability? What they expect more of themselves? A label does not have to be so limiting. I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he had on Montel Williams. Montel was diagnosed with MS fifteen years ago. He was told he would not be walking or working within 4 years - to him that was a 'death sentence' of sorts and he chose not to accept it. Instead, he looked for healthy alternatives and worked hard to get his mind working more optimally. Now fifteen years later, the man is snowboarding and walking like a man without MS. He is not going to let that label define him.

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/montel-williams-how-he-defied-odds-and-how-you-c...


I have heard of parent's not wanting their child labeled for autism and other special education areas... thinking that the label will limit their child, but in some cases the label helps parents get resources that can help.

There are also times when children are labeled by their parents - if you are called stupid or lazy long enough you start to believe it. It is one of the worse things that can happen to a child - emotional abuse - it has deeper hurts than the physical. Bruises heal, scars fade, but emotional abuse rips a hole in the child's soul. I prefer to build children up and challenge them to try.

I say 'don't let a label limit you'... break out of the stereotypical expectations surrounding the label and be who you are meant to be. Kick the label to the curb and write your own adventure.

4. Tell us about the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone in terms of your writing. What did you write? Was it any good? How did you feel about it?

Writing erotica is stepping out of my comfort zone. I feel better if I incorporate it into a romantic dimension - Romantica - that way my characters are more connected than the 'just doing it' aspect. There is an emotional connectedness and an intimacy that erotica may glaze over.

I am taking on the challenge of the I Write – March, April, May which is romance and erotica writing for this session.


© Copyright 2015 đź’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
đź’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/846893-Dont-Give-Evil-The-Edge-Labels--Out-Of-My-Comfort-Zone