*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847744-Writing-Retreats--Talking-To-Myself
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#847744 added April 22, 2015 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Retreats & Talking To Myself
Today's Blogs...

Blog City – Day 414


Prompt: If you go anywhere for a writing retreat, where would it be and why? What project would you work on there? Do you think you would finish this project?

The ideal would be Paris for a few months... but I am not sure if I would get any serious writing done unless I was there for an extended time. I would write in cafes and in parks. Take long walks and explore all Paris has to offer. Definitely a time to write, but also a time to fill the well of creativity. Spring would be the time to go - March to June.

I would wake early and write in my little apartment, then I would head out to explore. I would never be without my notebook and my camera. I would shop the markets and enjoy the richness of the full Parisian experience.

For the fall I would choose a cottage in Northern Ontario. The colours are amazing. The trails are heavenly and the lakes are refreshing. The days are still warm, the evenings cool - perfect for campfires with toasted marshmallows. I would get some serious work done. September is the time of year for a fresh start and I would get down to business on a novel.

Mornings would be my writing time - with coffee and a sunrise over the lake. Afternoons are hikes and swimming or canoeing.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy


4.Do you ever talk out loud to yourself? What do you say? Why do you think you do this?

Oh, yes I do. It helps to think out loud - to tell my stories and work out issues that I am befuddled with.

Being an only child, I have always been a self chatterer. I would tell myself stories. Let my imagination take flight. Hearing and talking out an issue has always helped me find focus and clarity.

In school, it was one of the ways I studied - explaining and teaching the content to myself.

In teacher's college, I would talk out my lesson plans - rehearsing what I was going to say and anticipating possible questions or areas of concern.

I rehearse my arguments if I need to clear the air in a conflict situation.

If I am having a story issue, I talk it out. Trail hikes are great for this. I am alone with my thoughts and my voice blends with the bird song and the breeze.

© Copyright 2015 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847744-Writing-Retreats--Talking-To-Myself