*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
12
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847828-Favourite-Scents-Of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#847828 added April 23, 2015 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
Favourite Scents Of My Life
Today's blog...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy


5.Whatโ€™s your favorite smell/scent? Is it somehow connected to a specific memory? If so, what is that memory and why is that scent so strongly attached to it?

I love the smell of the rain on baking hot pavement in the summer.

I love the smell of spring, fresh and new. The earth awakening after a long, cold winter.

I love the smell of candy floss. Sweet heaven in webs of fine delight.

I love the smell of old books, weathered with time holding deep knowledge within their bindings. This smell permeated a favourite bookshop I loved as a child. The Cobalt Bookshop on Highway 11. It was a place I visited as a child and later whenever I visited, I always made a point to stop in and spend at least an hour wandering the creaky wooden floors, running my hands over the tall wooden shelves, taking in the atmosphere no other place had.

I love the smell of popcorn... a weakness of mine.

I love the smell of fresh cut grass as it floats over the mix of gasoline from the lawn mowers that rise a hum on a sunny day.

The smell of steak on the grill. Walks on a summer evening with this scent on the breeze makes my mouth water.

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/847828-Favourite-Scents-Of-My-Life