*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848379-Moon-Madness--Natural-Disasters
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#848379 added April 29, 2015 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Moon Madness & Natural Disasters
Today's blog...

Blog City – Day 421


Prompt: When the moon is full, your personality changes. What is your personality like? I work in mental health and this happens!

As a child I was definitely more sensitive to mood changes. Both the cat and I would go squirrelly. I would get into fits of giggling and silliness. My mother would just sit back and enjoy the show.

As an adult I am not sure if I notice the changes so radically. I do find that working in schools there is a lot more weird behaviour with the full moon. In fact, sometimes if something weird happens we will ask if it is a full moon soon - often times it will be.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - One


6.What type of natural disasters frighten you the most? Have you personally experienced a disaster of that type?

I would think forest fires. I used to live in Northern Ontario. In 1976, Cobalt, the town south of us but part of our tri-town area was hit with a fire that roared through one older section of town. My phys. Ed teacher lost his house and all his belongings. I remember the school took donations for him to get back on his feet. I don't think anyone was killed. My mother's friend, a OPP officer said the fire was likely started from someone tossing a cigarette but out their car window and it lit the dry grasses by the road.

My grandmother lived through two huge forest fires that ripped through the area in 1908 and 1912 (not sure of the years). I remember her saying the school burnt down so there was no school for that year. They moved all their belongings out of the house and up the hill.

Not far from their current farm house a fire had raged. They were lucky it did not cross the road. I remember walking past that area. It took a long time to regenerate.

Personally, I have not had to experience such devastation.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848379-Moon-Madness--Natural-Disasters