*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849006-New-Talents-After-Being-Hit-With-Lightening--Remembering
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#849006 added May 7, 2015 at 10:56pm
Restrictions: None
New Talents After Being Hit With Lightening & Remembering
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 429


Prompt: You are struck by lightning and now have a new talent. What is your new talent?

Lightening strikes
I am too close
The current runs right through me.
I tremble and buzz,
Then convulse and fall
Shaking with great zeal;
But death does not take me.
I lay and wait
For darkness to come,
But instead I start to glow.
I raise my hands,
My eyes aghast;
Lightening flickers on my tips.
I point and watch
It dance in the air before me.
I move my hands
And lightening skitters,
Pops and flashes
A merry display
For my enjoyment.
I lay and let the rain
Wash over me
Pound me back
Into myself.
But some nights
When the sky rolls dark
And the thunder begins to rumble,
My body surges
And lights up from within.
I glow a blue hazy illumination
And smile when I can see
When the storm takes out the lights
And I play my flickering dance
From one hand to the other.


Welcome To My Reality – Week Seventy - Two


7. Do you need to write things down to remember them? What was your worst moment caused by forgetting something?

I need to write everything down so I don't forget. As it is I have just made a copy of my supply days so that I don't make the mistake of not showing up somewhere. I try to keep several copies of these days.

If I need to remember 5 things, I will only remember 4 unless I write the items down. Writing it down helps to link it to my mind. It doesn't matter the number, I will always forget one thing.

My mind is a sieve. I can't remember the worst moment caused by forgetting something. One time I forgot to pick up my client. His mother was angry but I have been with the family a long time... I time in twenty years is not bad. Funny thing is, his mother called me Tuesday night and once she knew she got me she said, "Where the hell is Kyle." I had a split second to think 'oh my God' then I realized it was Tuesday night, not Wednesday and his Dad had him. When I mentioned it we both stared laughing. No harm done and I said I would see her on Wednesday night.
A little off topic... but funny - in an I Love Lucy kind of way.... Remembering to pick my keys up out of my car is also a good thing to remember. I have forgotten twice. Once with an ex boyfriend - in my excitement to see him I left the keys in the car. He managed to get the car open. The other time with my client. After I buckled him in, I closed the door. He is autistic. There was no way he was going to unbuckle his seatbelt and let me in. A guy going buy asked if he could help - he called the fire department and they sent the big truck.... with about 9 good looking firefighters. They got my keys out. My client looked up once, then went back to his magazine looking.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849006-New-Talents-After-Being-Hit-With-Lightening--Remembering