*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849454-My-Name--Motto--Philosophy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#849454 added May 13, 2015 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
My Name & Motto / Philosophy
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - Three


2. Is there any specific significance behind your given name? If you were named after or in honor of someone, what made that person special? If you could choose any name for yourself, what would it be?

I was supposed to be born closer to Christmas; so my mother picked Carolyn for a girl or Noel for a boy. My middle name is Bobbi - this is a variation of my father's name Robert, who was called Bob by his friends and Bobby by his own mother.

The name I would choose for myself is a variation of my name and my handle here on Writing.com - Carly. I usually hated any changes to my given name, but this one struck me. The girl who called my this was my age. Another girl I worked with at Tim Hortons when I was in grade twelve. I liked her spunk and she was kind to me. I did not have any friends in Kitchener - except the paperboy who was younger and had a crush on me. I only lived here for 10 months when my mother moved in with her boyfriend. I continued to go to school in Guelph; commuting with my mother each morning. My mother still owned the house in Guelph - that is why I was able to do this. I saw my friends at school only.

I associated spunk and going for it with this name. So when I decided to get ready to make changes in my health, I named my Wii icon Carly. When I joined Writing.com, I went with Carly... and it has become an integral part of me and my development as a writer and as a healthier person.

3. Do you live by any motto or philosophy? If so, what is it? Why does this resonate with you?

Treat others the way you want to be treated.... well and respected, loved and honoured. The Golden Rule.

There is no gender or race discrimination here. Everyone is equal. Everyone is accepted and everyone is important and deserves to be treated well. Judgement is put away and I look for the good in everyone... I will admit some people are more challenging than others, but I find with those that are being mean or disrespectful, it cuts into them. I hope that my treating them well even if they treat me poorly will make them rethink their behaviour and maybe change it in the future. One can only hope that that small interaction can make a difference.

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849454-My-Name--Motto--Philosophy