*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849662-A-Good-Judge-Of-Character
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#849662 added May 16, 2015 at 10:04pm
Restrictions: None
A Good Judge Of Character?
Today's blog...

Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - Three


7. Are you generally a good judge of character? What's a time you felt you had a good sense of someone, only to have it turn out you were completely wrong?

I would say I have a pretty good sense of people. I do tend to look for the good in everyone... as best I can. I also try to see them as who they are... when I was in high school I learned that it was not a good idea to set my sights on someone just because they reminded me of someone else. Silly high school crushes. There was a boy, younger than me... and way shorter (I should have known better) that looked like a member of a band I liked. I put my crush on him and did that stupid high school girl thing where you follow a guy around, call him on the phone and just be annoyingly there... without actually approaching him to talk. Embarrassing really. My friends liked a couple of his friends so we all followed them around and did the phone calls with each other's support and encouragement. The other two boys were kind to my friends - one would have liked to be with my one friend but she was too afraid of talking to him in person. Strange but true.

This same friend was with my when this boy came up to me one day and told me to "Leave him the F*** alone." She was appauled that he could be so mean. I took it in stride. Yes, it hurt, but I also felt if he were going to treat someone like that Karma was bound to find him and one day he would be in the same boat. Believing that made it hurt a little less. My friend wanted to kill him.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849662-A-Good-Judge-Of-Character