*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851394-Fabulous-Women-Behaving-Badly--Funny-Friends
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#851394 added June 11, 2015 at 10:00am
Restrictions: None
Fabulous Women Behaving 'Badly' & Funny Friends
Yesterday's blogs... posted today....

Blog City – Day 462


Prompt: Well behaved women seldom make history. Do you agree?

Most definitely. Too many of us apologize for existing. Great women don’t ask permission and they don’t apologize for their views. They make a statement and stick by it. They did not seem tied up to being all things wonderful to societal expectations. They cut the ties and spoke up... probably finding disfavour from many in the process. They also found support – some of it vocal and some of it in others who wanted the change, but could not find their own voices...

I am thinking the suffrage movement, first woman doctors, feminists.

Joan of Arc.

http://www.history.com/topics/saint-joan-of-arc
A snippet of that article:
In the trial that followed, Joan was ordered to answer to some 70 charges against her, including witchcraft, heresy and dressing like a man. The Anglo-Burgundians were aiming to get rid of the young leader as well as discredit Charles, who owed his coronation to her. In attempting to distance himself from an accused heretic and witch, the French king made no attempt to negotiate Joan’s release.

At 19, she was burned at the stake. God help us if we don't follow the expectations of society... or if we get to big for our britches.

For Elizabeth Blackwell, Part of her decision to become a doctor was due to the fact that she yearned to live an unattached life, independent of a man and the chains of matrimony.
(according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Blackwell)

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


PROMPT: Is there someone in your life, or family, who is the source of comic relief? Is there a funny story to share? What or who would you write about if you wanted to get a 'for sure' laugh?

My friend Debbie never fails to make me laugh. At my wedding she was so nervous she was shaking. It alleviated my own nerves. When she walked down the aisle she would not look at her boyfriend. The shakes lasted all through the wedding ceremony.

We were thinking she would not be able to make it through her own wedding, but as it turned out she made it through our friend, Michelle’s wedding much better so she was good to go for her own.

I also warned Michelle that Debbie better see the wedding dress before the actual wedding day or else we would have to redo her makeup again like we did the morning of my wedding.

I generally look for the funny in life... looking for it, attracts it. I am blessed with a family that has a good sense of humour. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851394-Fabulous-Women-Behaving-Badly--Funny-Friends