*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851452-Managing-Stress-France-in-the-50s--Driving-Distractions
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#851452 added June 11, 2015 at 10:44pm
Restrictions: None
Managing Stress, France in the 50's, & Driving Distractions
Today's blogs...

Welcome To My Realtiy – Week Seventy – Seven


7. How do you manage your stress?

Music. Dancing and long walks in nature. Time to myself to reflect and just be.

I find I enjoy contact and companionship, but only to a certain degree. If I have a day of supplying - which has many layers of stress from not knowing the school, not knowing the students, sometimes not even knowing the grade... and then dealing with any and all issues that arise over the day - I need time to de - stress and that often means time to myself. Going for a walk in the neighbourhood after the school day helps. So does listening to good music on the way home. I turn up the volume and sing like nobody can hear me.

If I am home and feel a bout of stress I can get up and start doing some cleaning - some kind of activity. Cleaning happens when I feel like I have been too inactive all day. I come away feeling like I have at least accomplished something that can be see by others... namely, my husband.
Writing is also a release for me... it gives me time to reflect and focus on the internal. I can also delve into creating stories and have fun playing 'god' in my own created worlds.

Reading is also a great escape. Entering into another's creative world inspires my own creativity, but also just lets me relax and chill out.

Border for my personal use.


Blog City – Day 463


Prompt: You walk into a winery and meet a charming French man serving up the wine tasting. When you leave the pouring room, you realize you are in 1950's France! What happens next?

France in the 50's... hmm. What was that like? My preference is Paris... or more accurately, Paris in the 1920's when Hemingway and Fitzgerald were ex-patriots. The 1950's would be France after WWII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxu95NVNpw

Paris is timeless, in a way. Whether I go back in the 20's or 50's.... the culture and sophistication will be there. The sidewalk cafes. The open bookstalls. The walking and the discovery of the past there to be discovered. Sweetness in the city of lights.

Border for my personal use.


30 Day Blogging Challenge


PROMPT: Another effective form of comedy is satire. Take a shot at writing a satirical piece on a local or national news story, or respond to any other blogging groups' prompt from a satirical viewpoint. - Make it funny folks.

Canada is looking at increasing fines for distracted driving... and may be adding more things than just cell phones and texting.

http://distracteddriving.caa.ca/education/distractions.php

Top distractions identified by CAA/AAA:
Outside object/person/event — 29.9% - falling trees can be a real downer.
Adjusting radio/CD — 11.4% - what about singing and dancing to the radio?
Other vehicle occupants — 10.9% - no arguing with children or talking to passengers. Everybody Out!!!
Something moving in the car — 4.3% - this has me thinking.... BEE!!! I'd be done for!
Using another object/device — 2.9% - can't watch TV while your driving.
Adjusting car's climate controls — 2.8% - does this include opening the car window? Thank goodness we don't have roll up window anymore.
Eating/drinking — 1.7% - no four course meals or spilling hot coffee in your lap.
Cellular phones — 1.5% - talking or texting is a no no. And don't be surfing the internet trying to find the closest restaurant.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851452-Managing-Stress-France-in-the-50s--Driving-Distractions