*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852752-Connection
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#852752 added June 28, 2015 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
Connection
Today's blog...

Blog City – Day 478


Ted Kooser commented in his book The Poetry Home Repair Book " Readers of contemporary poems are attracted because the personal pronoun I is preeminent. The reason for this is people are really attracted to confessional poetry with the poet baring his soul then they are about poems that do not discuss hardships/life situations of some kind. Do you agree or disagree with Kooser? Do you know a contemporary poem that is not confessional? Please share it with us.

I don't think I have really thought of poems being 'confessional', but perhaps. With my own poems I write from the heart. I pour myself out onto the page... I guess that can be seen as confessional, but the thing is, poetry reaches out for the common thread. It is the thing that links us together as humanity. Writing poems that come from that place, is to write about universal experience in a personal way. Call it confessional if you want, but I call it sharing of the heart. Connection.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852752-Connection