*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852544-Publishing-Choices--Heroes-of-My-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#852544 added June 26, 2015 at 9:18am
Restrictions: None
Publishing Choices & Heroes of My Life
Yesterday's blogs... written but forgotten to post...

Blog City – Day 477


Prompt: Would you rather have 12 published paperback books or 5 published hard cover novels in your life time?

You know I thought this would be an easy answer... the 12 published paperback books, but then I got to thinking. Do hard cover novels have more chance of getting made into movies... and therefore have more possibility to make more money in the long run. Both are equally entertaining.... so which do I go with? I'd like to know what others think on this topic. It is an excellent prompt in that it seems so deceptively simple, but it is not.

I would be happy with even one published novel - paperback or hardcover. Just knowing that someone accepted my writing beyond the realm of my own social circle is a great accomplishment. I should probably aim higher, but small steps first.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Seventy - Nine


2. Who is your superhero and why?

I would not call them superheros, but I would call them strong woman who did what needed doing. My mother and my grandmother (Gramzie).
Both of these woman survived aspects of their lives that could have shattered a weaker person.

Let's start with my mother.
She left my father after she caught him having an affair with a friend of theirs. She had the strength to pack up and walk away and through all of that she never once said a bad word to me about my Dad. I was able to love and hold him on high even when she was furious with him.

She moved us to an apartment and later moved us from New Liskeard, Ontario to Guelph, Ontario. She transferred with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food. Southern Ontario had more to offer and we were also closer to my favourite aunt and uncle.

It was not long after my mother moved us that my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. She went to stay with him every weekend in Toronto and had to endure the pettiness of my Dad's sister-in-law who would tell her that she was not a member of the family anymore... the fact that the woman my Dad slept with was also weaseling her way into a friendship with that aunt really had to hit on raw nerves with my mother - but she said nothing to me.

My Gramzie endured a childhood and marriage that would have broken a weaker person. Her mother picked favourites and she was not it. She loved the favourite sister and worked in town so that that sister could go to teacher's college. It was that sister that died at Teacher's College with pneumonia.

My grandfather was physically and emotionally abusive - taking over where her mother left off. She was a farm wife... that says volumes alone as they work from sun up to sun down. She raised 4 children and kept when safe and secure as best she could.

My grandfather directed most of his vile at her, but there is at least one story that involved a fight with pitch forks and my mother - that ended when my mother broke my Grandpa's baby finger.... if that had not happened... I may not be here today.

So here is to the strength the women in my family. I am blessed to know them and know I carry their spirit of strength within me.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852544-Publishing-Choices--Heroes-of-My-Life