*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857243-Day-12---Heading-for-Mud-Volcanoes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#857243 added August 12, 2015 at 11:26pm
Restrictions: None
Day 12 - Heading for Mud Volcanoes
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 12


Woohoo, Mother Nature must have been a card player at one point... it's 55 degrees Fahrenheit 13 degrees Celsius. The fire feels good... and the spade game between ANN Thankful4MarriageEquality and Lyn 30 Day Camp Guide against Charlie & Cinn and Cinn & Charlie is close. Everyone is placing bets... Conversation around the fire…what is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen happen during the summer? Why was it so weird? What might other people have thought about what you saw?
In the morning, we are off to see Mud Volcanoes at Lake Village and Bridge Bay. We'll be setting up camp there, need volunteers to fish for trout in the river there. If anyone is interested there is a fishing contest going on, prizes are 1000.00 for the largest catch of the day.


Here is the link to explain the card game... I want it for future reference. It looks like fun.
http://www.bicyclecards.ca/game-rules/spades/198.php?page_id=32

Strange things happening in the summer? Hmm. I am curious what other people will say. I would not call it strange, but I have seen a beautiful display of Northern Lights when visiting my home town of New Liskeard years ago. The view is breathtaking and the evening was cool and perfect. No humidity in the air. I am going up to New Liskeard at the end of the month so I hope to get another Lights show.

I also saw a video of a deer playing with a bunny - it was real life Bambi and Thumper! So funny to see them both bouncing around.

Talking about strange things... these Mud Volcanoes sound intriguing. This is the area...
http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/images/LAKEVDTL.GIF

This is what we are to see:
http://www.yellowstonenationalpark.com/mudvolcano.htm
Super hot and stinky. Should be interesting to view if you can handle the smell. The names are witchy and fantasical - Dragon's Mouth and Black Dragon's Cauldron. Lots of belching, sloshing and steaming. I shall keep a respectfully safe distance.
Not sure if I would join in with a fishing contest, though I wish anyone interested lots of luck. A thousand dollars would be a wonderful addition to your bank account. I may be more inclined to people watch. I am sure there would be plenty of characters.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857243-Day-12---Heading-for-Mud-Volcanoes