*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857616-Day-15---Rodeo-and-more-virtual-camping
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#857616 added August 16, 2015 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Day 15 - Rodeo and more virtual camping
30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 15


Halfway through the month happily sleeping in a real bed , enjoying the lodge's menu seletions too! It will be a quiet evening in the lodge because of the thunder storms this evening. At least, we are dry!
Tomorrow, we are going to the museum of the Park Ranger, a bookstore, Norris Geyser Basin and Steamboat Geyser on horseback, those that would rather ride in the wagon can because there will be several going. I suggest your cameras and comfy clothes. We will be having a bag lunch prepared for us by the lodge, If we have time we will be checking out Artist Paint Pots, too! What did you like best?
The dog days of summer got the nickname because of Sirius, the dog star which rose and fell with the sun during the hottest days. What nickname do you have for the hottest day? Is there a nickname native to where you live? What activities do you avoid during this time?


All this cooler weather makes jeans and boots comfortable gear, especially if we are on horseback. This sounds like an interesting and fun day... I am looking forward to seeing the Artist's Paint Pots. I am sure I will be a little camera happy and come back with a slew of shots.

I am sure some of our gang will enjoy the wagon ride. It may be a lot smoother than the tractor pulling my grandpa's wagon. We had to hang on and got jerked around every time he had to change gears when goings over the little bridges he constructed. It was fun though.

I appreciate the dry, covered and warm rooms to hole up in during all these storms. I don't look forward to a torrential downpour if we are tenting it in the back country. I also appreciate the meals - done without me burning anything or having to worry about the clean up afterward. No bears can get our stuff here.

Dog days of summer have me thinking of being stretched out to hot or worn out to do much of anything. With the weather being a little cooler, it is comfortable. I am not pouring buckets of sweat whenever we go hiking. [The weather here at home has hit 31 degrees Celsius today - with a humidex of closer to 40 degrees Celsius (that is 88 to 100 F) - I am sticking to air conditioned venues and not venturing outside for too long - I am still drinking coffee though.]



© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857616-Day-15---Rodeo-and-more-virtual-camping