*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857620-Day-16---Virtual-Guided-Tours-and-A-Rodeo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#857620 added August 16, 2015 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
Day 16 - Virtual Guided Tours and A Rodeo
30 Day Blogging Challenge – Day 16


I'm glad everyone is enjoying their time at the lodge, we will be leaving here on Monday morning so if you have laundry, mail to catch up, or shopping to finish... plus it may be helpful if you mail your things home so you don't have to lug them around. We are lucking out tonight 55 degrees... should be a great night outside to watch the rodeo.
Have you ever seen a rodeo? Who gets the worse deal the horse or the rider in your opinion?


I will watch a bit of the rodeo but may retire early so that I am ready for tomorrow's adventures.

Have you ever imagined what a blade of grass feels like on a hot day? What kind of things would the grass be thinking about and why? What if torrential rain started, how would the grass feel and why? Let's see your creativity with this one.

Blade of grass
Withering in the oppressive heat
Hanging on to any and all chorophyll
In an attempt to stay vital
And live
Around it, the other blades
Have began to wither
And turn to brown.
Life threatens
To leave
And never to return.

Then clouds build
Gathering dark and heavy
With a crack of thunder
The sky opens up
And rain falls
In torrential fervor
The blade gasps
As it is pummled
But as the rain runs off
It takes a relieved breath
And smiles as the sun
Comes back to shine.

We will be wildlife viewing today on a guided tour with a ranger, another great camera opt in the morning, the afternoon will be yours until we get together for dinner and then the rodeo.

No doubt I will have enjoyed the guided tour today with the ranger. The afternoon was getting things washed and back in order for tomorrow's get away. I am hoping to gather some interested folks together to go our sketching again. I find the area quite peaceful and restful. A little writing and sketching in the great outdoors is fabulous.

There are more people hurt by bison than by bears each year in Yellowstone. Park regulations state that visitors must stay at least 25 yards away from bison or elk and 100 yards away from bears.

I'd say, let us keep a healthy distance from all animals. I saw one YouTube video of a 'playful' bison. He was ramming at a tree with quite a force - if that is playful, I'd hate to

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/857620-Day-16---Virtual-Guided-Tours-and-A-Rodeo