*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858484-Day-27---Time-with-the-Shoewhone-and-Arapaho-Tribes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#858484 added August 27, 2015 at 11:01pm
Restrictions: None
Day 27 - Time with the Shoewhone and Arapaho Tribes
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 27


Pack a light bag, to take with you the wardens will transport the rest of your stuff to our next site. Toothbrushes, combs, and clean underwear for two days will suffice. We are leaving the park and going to the Shoshone reservation in Wyoming for a special celebration.
Remember we talked earlier about the Northern and Eastern Shoshone (sheepeaters) well they invited our group, it's quite an honor.
"Wind River Indian Reservation is an Indian reservation shared by the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribes of Native Americans in the central western portion of the U.S. state of Wyoming. It is the seventh-largest Indian reservation by area in the United States, encompassing a land area of 3,473.272 sq mi (8,995.733 km²), or land and water area of 3,532.010 sq mi (9,147.864 km²)."`Wikipedia


They have native clothing for us to wear so we can participate with them around a huge bonfire on the reservation. We will be sampling many native dishes and sleeping in actual teepees during this festivity. ps. Charlie & Cinn the women wear more than the men do! I hope we will be warm enough.

There will be storytelling from the elders about their history, they are hoping each of us will share something of our family history or nationality. So am I, we all have rich family histories/nationalities if we think about it. Some of you recently have written some lovely poems I am sure will be appreciated as well.
So here's your chance to enlighten us about what makes you shine!


My poem "Perseid Meteor Shower won first place in the PDG Fun In The Sun Poetry contest. I hope to read it in the great outdoors staring out at the starry sky. I am looking forward to the storytelling of the elders. I was always curious about their culture. I remember writing away for an information pamphlet when I was a kid... I was intrigued then and I still am now.
Sharing each of our family histories sounds like a great idea... a way to show our commonalities and our differences. I have a feeling there are more similarities than differences...

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/858484-Day-27---Time-with-the-Shoewhone-and-Arapaho-Tribes