*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860814-Writing-By-Hand--Colouring-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#860814 added September 23, 2015 at 9:57pm
Restrictions: None
Writing By Hand & Colouring Books
Today's blogs....

Blog City – Day 567


Prompt: When was the last time you wrote something by hand?

Last night, or rather at 4:30 in the morning. I couldn’t sleep, so after tossing and turning and letting my thoughts tangle and weave, I got up and came downstairs for a mug of hot milk and my notebook and pen. I wrote almost three long hand pages pouring out all the stuff I had been thinking of and by the time I went up to bed I felt emptied and ready to sleep.

I have been dealing with a cold and should be napping and resting but my body has other ideas. I woke up to use the bathroom at 3:30 and spent the next hour trapped in thoughts that would not rest. The milk and writing really worked for me. I think if I had of gotten on the computer to write I would have wired up even more... writing by hand puts you in connection with what is really bothering your body, mind and soul.

I have also been known to turn to writing when I hit a block and need to go at something a new way... writing by hand provides that alternative way.
Before NaNoWriMo in 2012, I tended to write everything by hand. I did not feel I was able to type fast enough to keep up with my thoughts... my typing has greatly improved... and NaNo forces you not to make corrections while you write so that worry was wiped away. Since then, I tend to do everything on the computer... it is so much easier to copy and paste and edit and revise when the writing is on the screen.

Border for my personal use.


Welcome To My Reality - Week Ninety - Two


5. Recent studies have proven that colouring, shares the same health benefits as meditation. It is also highly recommended for those with Anxiety, Depression, ADD/ADHD and for general relaxation and stress management. In fact the Bestseller lists right now have a number of Adult colouring books on them (not the x-rated kind although there are those too!). What do you think of this latest craze? Have you or will you try it?

I picked up a couple of these. My client loves to colour and he has autism. I think it would be a wonderful Christmas gift for him and be a little more age appropriate than the big superheros and princesses ones he has been working in.... he is 29. I checked with his mother to see if the fine motor would be too challenging for him, but she seems to think it will be great. I got him one with city scapes.

I got another one with garden scenes... I may keep it for myself. Or it may become a Christmas gift for someone else... I haven't decided yet.

I have only bought ones that are 40 % off as I find they are expensive for colouring books.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/860814-Writing-By-Hand--Colouring-Books