*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862339-What-Needs-Doing-As-The-Year-Winds-Down--Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#862339 added October 9, 2015 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
What Needs Doing As The Year Winds Down & Hallowe'en
Welcome To My Reality - October Prompts


11. There are three months left in this year. Do you have any outstanding goals that you want to complete before the year ends?

Nanowrimo is hot on our heals. I am doing the October Nano Prep that Brandiwyn๐ŸŽถ kindly organizes... a new story this time - so her prep is really helpful. I am getting ready for Nano itself.

December... I may try the Construct Cup again if Ren the Klutz! decides to go for it... but we will see how I feel.

I am also doing I Write - September, October, November... and I expect I will sign up for the next session as I find it keeps me writing and entering contests and reviewing... all good things.

Beyond my writing I have a few other goals... in the areas of fitness and work.
For fitness: Walking 10,000 steps each day and a few yoga sessions to keep limber.
For work: supplying and looking to get on the LTO list so I can get my own contract teaching position some day. I may need to look for part time work to supplement the lack of supply days!

12. What's your opinion of Halloween? If you've ever had an interesting Halloween experience, share it.

I have never been a huge fan of Hallowe'en. I hate dressing up... but I do love seeing what other people come up with and I like giving out the candy and seeing the children enjoy themselves.

My own childhood memories of Hallowe'en are not great. I was usually going out with my mother... she would stand on the sidewalk as I would go trick or treating... I hated that. It was more fun to go with a friend. I did go once with my friend Vicky the last year I was in New Liskeard. By the time I moved to southern Ontario I was getting a little too old for trick or treating and I was too young for the parties. I did go to one with my mother... I was the only kid - thirteen, I think... but I was welcome and did enjoy myself.

For me, Hallowe'en got better as an adult... but I am still not a fan of dressing up.

© Copyright 2015 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862339-What-Needs-Doing-As-The-Year-Winds-Down--Halloween