*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862665-Interesting-Facts-About-Me-Changed-Beliefs--Cheer-Ups
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#862665 added October 12, 2015 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
Interesting Facts About Me, Changed Beliefs & Cheer Ups
Welcome To My Reality - October Prompts


16. Make a list of interesting facts about yourself.

I am a seeker of spiritual connectedness.
I find peace in nature.
I write to find out who I am and what I want, as well as to tell myself stories... that I hope one day to share with others.
I am empathetic and caring.
I am in tune to my mother's emotional compass... more so when I was a child, but I find high emotions scare me - so I stay aware of them.
I have always wanted to be a teacher.
I am an introvert who has learned to be outgoing in social situations to 'fit in', but I need to recharge with moments of quiet.
I am comfortable with being alone and doing things on my own.
Anxiety often stops me in my tracks, unless I push through it.
I am a only child of separated parents.
I am the daughter of a mother with some depression issues - that are better now - thanks to medication that helps her synapses to fire properly.
I love my family and friends and am blessed to have them.

19. Tell us about a belief or opinion you've had that has changed as you've got older.

When my father died I was very angry with God. I believed in God, but I saw Him as unfair and unfeeling. I have since learned that God has a plan for me and that things may happen that I don't like, but I will be a stronger person for having gone through those experiences. I have come back to God. Writers, like Julia Cameron, helped me see God as Good Orderly Direction and as a loving God.

People like Oprah Winfrey have opened me up to spirituality and connectedness. I am a Christian. I see the whole world as His and I see myself as His hands, feet and voice here in this world of ours. My job is to connect to others and spread goodness and love. I don't preach... because I find others don't want or need a preaching... they want a connection and they want to know they matter. I can provide that in my own little corner of the world... in my teaching and all my interactions.


20. What cheers you up when you're sad?

I find I enjoy listening to music and singing. Dancing and singing like I don't care who is watching. I also enjoy going for a walk/ The best ones are along nature trails. I find I often think out loud about things that are bothering me or some aspect of a story I am working on.

I also enjoy walking at night... but I know that is not the safest thing in the world to do... but it gets dark earlier these days. I don't like feeling trapped inside as the days get darker.

Talking to my mother or one of my friends cheers me up. I am reminded that I am loved by just being with them.

My extended family is also a blessing.

I try to stay positive and see the good in things.


© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862665-Interesting-Facts-About-Me-Changed-Beliefs--Cheer-Ups