*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
13
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862503-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(117)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#862503 added October 10, 2015 at 10:06pm
Restrictions: None
Work in process...mostly just rambling. Editing is tedious...


The children are out the door, the bus rumbles away down the street, the coffee maker spits out it's last drop, but the refrigerator still shivers, as you seek silence and solace in the den below where a whiskered feline scratches frayed furniture, an obedient clock clicks off the wall and the fish tank bubbles and stirs wake a mindless life. So, you slip on the indifferent headphones to stream music to a beleaguered brain thawing frozen thoughts into words on an illuminated screen where your fingers speak to a fictional fourth wall.

But, too tired to remember what inspired a careless dreamer, the writer pauses for now.

Words are a part of memory and without writing you have no way to capture them before the collection of brain scribbles are slowly flit away like dust. Words come in bursts that cannot be harnessed without some tool or device to preserve and define meaning. We seldom know what these expulsions of rhetoric want to say after uttering a few inspired words cause you to reflect on how they could be displayed.

We all want someone to notice this unruly creativity inside; and having no wall to echo our meaning, we turn to paper or computer to uncover these pearls.

Trying to process why we write: For different people it can have different meaning. The craft drives writers in a similar ways, but ultimately to publish. I feel we each want to be heard. And for me, it's possible being read will lead to some kind of validation?

Recordkeeping has been important for ages and if you don't write it down there's no proof that it ever existed. So the process of putting things on paper or onto a readable disk or storage is to prove that whatever inside our brain can move outside of it.

And there's a process in writing of perfecting what we think. The first time you speak something you might get out something clever in short description. But how to make your discourse longer and more appreciable takes the craft of writing.

If I wanted to tell someone I love them, would I not run the words through my head and put it in the specific context to help them appreciate its meaning? The simple words should be enough. But when we want them to favorably react,mdon't we try to dress it up and give it that flavor to ensure we hook our intended listener?

Love letters are not as common place these days with texting and the Internet where we can share our feelings in social media with an Emojis or picture. Writing wants to share its love with the world and perhaps the selected audiences in which we seek approval, validation, a return word.

Why are reviewers so important to Writing.com? We don't write just to put our words up on the wall and forget about them. We are hoping somebody will come along who may be like-minded or have a keen eye to figure out what we are saying and how to inspire us to write more.

Readers are very important to writers. There would be much less writing if there were less response. And without response, what seems to keep me going is the hope that someone will come along and appreciate what I have to say.




where am I going with this? Did I just have too much coffee?



© Copyright 2015 Brian K Cognitive Dissonance (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brian K Cognitive Dissonance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/862503-