*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867955-Religion-Christmas--Coping-With-Never-Writing-Again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#867955 added December 6, 2015 at 12:15am
Restrictions: None
Religion, Christmas & Coping With Never Writing Again
Welcome To My Reality – December Prompts.


34. Recently there's been a lot of negativity towards religion circulating, especially in light of the recent terrorist attacks in Paris. Take a moment to consider the other side of the coin. In your opinion, what are some of the advantages/pros of religion?

I get that people blame God and ask where he is in all this brutality and senselessness. But it is not God that does this crazy stuff... it is humanity. Men and women of this world. We become tainted by wanting all that we want that we forget to give with our hearts.

The world is filled with sin and travesty. We do not help ourselves by staying alone. We are meant to group together to raise our hearts. We are to use our love to heal the wounds of this world.

It is not God or religion that is at fault here. It is the radical groups that claim they are doing these things in the name of what they think is right... but we are all the embodiment of our perceptions and thoughts. God gave us free will and it is our choice to follow him and accept his love and turn that love out onto the world as a shining beacon in this dark place. God kicked Satan to the earth and he tries to turn us by using our weaknesses against us. The sin in the world is from the Devil not God. It is our choice. Do you choice to love and be there for others? Or do you live for yourself? Do you follow a path that hurts others or embraces others?

God is love. Religion that follows to that is accepting and loving... but all too often we let the world enter and judgement and condemnation seep in... that taints the purity of God's love. Hate breeds contempt and division. It tears it apart.

We can only come together and heal in love and in forgiveness as we try to put the pieces back together and help those suffering and left behind in the aftermath of the devastation.

38. Describe a typical Christmas (or any national holiday of your choosing) in your part of the world.

Houses are draped in lights in colours red and green
A myriad of colours have been added to lighten up the dark.
Air blown creatures stand on guard
The sound of gentle blowers fills the night.
Snowmen, Santa, Reindeer grin, grins of pure delight.
We wait for snow
Wanting the white wonderland of days gone by.

But we also dread the traffic snarls
As people take to flight
Into the malls, into the shops,
They buy, buy, buy
A never ending folly
Fraught with angry words.

Many forget the true, the divine
the reason for this season.
The Christ in Christmas
Oh holy night
Where memories of peace and love
lift up our hearts
As we celebrate our savour
And give thanks for his arrival.

Just take a moment
Stop all this hasty grabbery
Look up and take a moment
Share a smile of two.
Welcome friends and family
Who have been there for you.

Now is the season of love
Reach out and share what you have
It does not need to be in packages
All glittered up with bows.
A kiss, a hug, a loving smile
Tells one and all you're there
Your presence give them peace of mind
That settles in their toes.

A loving heart is what you need
Gratitude for what you have
It is not about what you will get
But what you may give that shows
The heart of this season, fine.


39. How would you cope if you could never write again?

Now is this from the point of view of loosing vital parts to make it physically possible or is it mental or is it imposed from an outside force?

If I look at it from a physical point of view.... I would say I would probably make use of some type of technology to help me be able to cope... a computer program that writes my speech, or having someone write down what I dictate. If I was not able to access these things, I would tell myself stories and talk to myself a lot. I need to have my thoughts out in a forum that allows me to think before I communicate. Without that outlet I am an ball of anxiety if the topic is highly emotional.

From a mental point of view... like having Alzheimer's or something equally devastating I think I would go quietly crazy or maybe even '"Rage, Rage, Against the dying of the night."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mRec3VbH3w – Dylan Thomas

If it was an outside force... I would still tell my stories and talk to myself. If that was not allowed I would enter into that part of myself where I could do that and maintain my sanity.

To not be able to write again, is to not breathe. To not create is to not exist fully into myself.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867955-Religion-Christmas--Coping-With-Never-Writing-Again