*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867754-Favourite-Books-and-Movies-of-a-Ten-Year-Old
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#867754 added December 3, 2015 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
Favourite Books and Movies of a Ten Year Old
Yesterday's blog....

Blog City – Day 635


Prompt: What was your favorite book and favorite movie when you were ten years old?

This prompt is really going to date us.... for me that would have been 1977.

Star Wars - Episode IV - A New Hope was released that year... not my favourite Star Wars movie, but the beginning of the them. Even then I liked Harrison Ford.

As for books, I would have to say something by Enid Blyton - the Famous Five Series. She also did the Noddy series which I really enjoyed. I remember reading those at the Haileybury Public Library. I believe the first chapter book I read cover to cover was one of hers.
I was also a fan of E.B. White - Charlotte's Web and Trumpet of the Swan.
I also liked the Tales of the Green Forest by Thorton Burgess. My mother used to read these to me when I was six and seven. I remember Sammy Blue Jay. I still have some of those books somewhere, I am almost certain.
My favourite bookstore was The Cobalt Bookshop out on Highway 11. It was the only bookshop in the tri-town are and it was amazing.

© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/867754-Favourite-Books-and-Movies-of-a-Ten-Year-Old