*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873790-Listen
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#873790 added February 15, 2016 at 11:50am
Restrictions: None
Listen

Dreamgirls - Beyonce - Listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHjaHygfWHA


Ah, thank you, Beth! *Laugh*

I've watched the movie Dreamgirls on so many occasions, it's ridiculous. *Blush* The actors are pretty good in it - lots of the famous ones - except Jamie Foxx. He's a good actor, I just don't like him for some reason! Beyonce, well, she actually did a good job here. Back in the day, I used to listen to Destiny's Child, but once they split up, I fell off the band wagon. Perhaps I just grew up.

This song gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. I can't necessarily relate to it word by word, but she did an amazing job with it. Powerful, emotional, on the verge of tears and yet strong enough to keep going. Loved it! Her recorded version of it with her own video clip isn't too bad, but it really doesn't do the song justice. In the movie, there was so much more emotion while she sang, I had to find the clip for that. Even that is partly edited but still better.

I think I loved this song for what it was - the belief in yourself. You have the power to change things, to change your life and do what you want, you just need to find the strength that will give you the push in the right direction. When a soul is broken, it's hard to find your way back to your former self. Picking up bits and pieces along the way and gluing them back together has never been easy. The truth is, you will never be complete. Some will be missing while new pieces will be added to it. That's alright. It's what makes you stronger. Whatever you do, no matter what, you have to believe in yourself. Don't wait or expect someone else to believe in you first before you can do it. It's on you!

© Copyright 2016 Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/873790-Listen