*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874813-Norman-Vincent-Peale
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#874813 added February 24, 2016 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Norman Vincent Peale
Do you agree or disagree with her opinion about positive thinking meme's? Do you react positively or negatively when seeing them yourself on the net? Do positive thinking meme's have value to you?


Google Definition:
meme
mēm/
noun
noun: meme; plural noun: memes

an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by non genetic means, especially imitation.
a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users


I read a book owned by my aunt about positive thinking sometime in the late 1950's. Norman Vincent Peale was an American minister and author and a progenitor of "positive thinking". His ideas were not accepted by mental health experts.( Wikipedia)

Maybe read it in 1956 to 1959. That is the only book I remember reading by Norman Vincent Peale.

Through the years of my life I have met lots of people who equate faith with positive thinking. Some of them probably don't even know about Norman Vincent Peale. Faith should be studied avidly before linking it with anything.

Positive thinking without action is not possible. I knew a teen age boy who wanted a red sports car. He really expected someone to walk up and hand him a car because, he was confessing it to happen. I never found out how that turned out. But, my guess would be a good education ending in a job or some kind of crooked enterprise was the only way it would have ended successfully.

Positive thinking alone just does not work. And, if someone is already having mental distress, positive thinking indoctrination could actually bring on a break with reality.

I always think mental distress is harder to treat than physical. You can set a bone, sew a cut, etc. But, you have to find the root cause of mental health breakdowns and sometimes the root cannot be removed. Like cancer it is difficult to heal.

Since we live in an indoctrinated society we need to:

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.


Even though life as we know it still has some aspects of mystery we as bloggers continue to research the puzzle.

*BookOpen* Manx Cat from Japan *Books2*


















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2016 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/874813-Norman-Vincent-Peale