*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878286-April-Fools-Day--Who-I-Spend-Time-With
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#878286 added April 3, 2016 at 10:10pm
Restrictions: None
April Fool's Day & Who I Spend Time With
Welcome To My Reality - April Prompts


1) Being April 1st and April Fool’s day, what is the best practical joke you have ever pulled on someone? What is the worst or funniest one you ever fell victim to?

Yesterday I was gotten. Over the announcements at the school I was teaching at for the day, they announced they were cordoning off an area so that the grass could grow wild and they could fence the area off for a couple of Alpacas. The children were warmed to stay away as Alpacas are not overly friendly and will bite and spit. The secretary saw me considering this and got a laugh at my face... I was halfway down the hall when they said April Fools and I could only groan. When I mentioned it to the secretary she had a whoot laughing. Oh well.... it was seriously funny.

2) Who do you spend the most time with? Is it a beneficial or harmful relationship? Is it more one sided than the other?

I have recently moved out... my husband and I are separating and I am moving in with my Mother. Things with my husband fell apart... due to what exactly.... midlife crisis? Who knows. A year ago he decided he didn't like me anymore and he wanted to do his own thing. We had been growing apart for quite awhile and I think he wanted me to prove to him I loved him and was willing to work at our marriage, but I was torn... torn by what I should do and what I really wanted to do. The great unknown beyond marriage was a frightening place and I had lost much of my independence by being with my husband. I gave up too much of my power and my confidence had eroded... taking back my life felt like the right thing to do.

Not having children makes it easier. I hadn't wanted to add children to a mix of uncertainty... I love children, but I am far more comfortable with other people's kids.... they can go home to their parents and I can have my life back. That's what makes teaching so great. I get to interact and inspire and learn from young minds that are usually eager to gain knowledge and discover their world.

Moving on will be scarey, but I am prepared. Moving back in with my mother will be an adjustment. She is at an age where I am able to help her.

© Copyright 2016 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878286-April-Fools-Day--Who-I-Spend-Time-With