*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878916-April-Prompt-14
by Jen~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2073596
Blog for this groups entries~will probably be rather interesting!~
#878916 added April 9, 2016 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
April Prompt #14
14) Do you reduce, reuse and recycle?

Hmmm.....We are, I guess basic recycle people...by that I mean we take our regular household trash to the dump...when we drank out of cans we did save them and take them in when we built enough up worth the trip....we do separate metal things that can be taken in to the scrap yard and once we get a load we will take it in....in a way it is more of a hassle then anything trying to find a spot to use as a metal pile while it builds to be big enough for a load....it is cluttering and frustrates me but we try to do it anyway lol....we will gather a truck load of brush and tree limbs and take it in to the mulching center for them to have to use....

We try to watch the electric by keeping up on only using the lights or things we need and turning off the rest...we try to keep the heat set on a lower temp and only make it higher when we want it warmer..then back to the lower temp...We have to use window air conditioners in summer...we have old windows and a lot of them have no screens so that is going to be a project for the love to do soon so that we can open the windows more and use less energy when possible. With having a dog and 4 cats, window screens are a must have...Steve is big on reusing things...instead of throwing something out he will either work on it and make it function again or he will find another purpose for it.

So I guess that we do what we can and are able to in our own ways to reduce, reuse and recycle...which is pretty cool.....Steve has taught me a lot more about doing these things...Before I met him, if my alarm clock or radio would have stopped working I would have just tossed it...now if that was to happen, I would see if he can fix it and then if not, it would go into the scrap pile. Sounds small but I have learned a lot from him on these things...kinda taught me to think more about other solutions rather then just tossing something broken....rather cool if ya ask me!~

Gift from a wonderful friend!

© Copyright 2016 Jen~ (UN: jen2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jen~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/878916-April-Prompt-14