*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881404-The-dogs-are-moving
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#881404 added May 5, 2016 at 9:03am
Restrictions: None
The dogs are moving...
It's very chilly here this morning in comparison to what it has been, 62°F with a high of 79 predicted. We have hit 90 several days lately. This is a welcome relief...and it will get rid of the few lovebugs I have seen, a very good thing.

Most of my monthly outings come up in the first week. Last Tuesday was Book Club. We had a low turnout this time, I think because of the book selection (Room). I found it very difficult to read and certainly not enjoyable. Several agreed and several had seen the movie which they recommended over the book. Some had listened to the audiobook and found the childlike voice irritating. I hardly ever listen to books...saving that for when I have to. I find my mind wandering with audios.

Yesterday I attended a luncheon for library volunteers. It seemed shorter than ones I attended before. Maybe I'm just enjoying them more, and I'm acquainted with more people now, too. Lunch for me (vegetarian) was stuffed shells, cooked carrots and broccoli, salad, carrot cake and coffee...very good, except I tried to wear the stuffed shells, dropping a forkful in my lap. Normally, I would have been embarrassed, but I was able to laugh about and continue on. Progress.

On Monday, I discovered my (renting, dog-owning) neighbors are moving by June 1st. They have bought a house. My old and wonderful home-owning neighbors will be moving back in. In the mail Tuesday a letter from GRU (my utility company) alerting me of a power leave-on for the house. We (Jim) built the house and owned it until 2009 when we sold it to the couple who are moving back in. After calling GRU to cancel that, today I must find their offices and transfer my own account to my name (still in Jim's). The lady said they cannot have an account in a deceased person's name. Okay, but it's been that way since 2012. Oh well, I should have done it long ago. It's just such a pain to go downtown.

After that it's my Writing Your Life History Group which I always look forward to and then a friend is joining me for coffee. That's my plan for today....

until next time...c

© Copyright 2016 Happy Mom's Day 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy Mom's Day 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/881404-The-dogs-are-moving